Sunday, October 7, 2012

If You Touch One Hair...!

The time has come and gone for little man to get his hair cut. It should have happened a while ago, but despite the crazy bed head, I couldn't bring myself to do it. It might have been a little on the long side, but it covered his scar perfectly! And I'll admit it, we just love his hair! I asked Ryan to help me, but he wouldn't do it. A. As mentioned, he loved his hair and didn't want to cut it. B. He thought it might be better to take him to a professional. Though I know they cut wiggly little kid's hair all the time, I figured he would wiggle just as much for them as they would for us and it would save us a couple of bucks. But still he refused.
 

So one day, after putting Pierscen down for his nap unsuccessfully for the 4th or 5th time, no exaggeration, I decided, hey - he isn't going to sleep and I am feeling brave, so... Bring it on.

I put him in his play saucer and wrapped the plastic cape around him. He was not excited about the cape, so I took it off. I turned on the razor and let him examine it. He was not scared of it, but he wanted to be able to see it at all times - which makes cutting hair EXTREMELY hard. However, I did my best, went as fast as I dared, and called it good. 


These pictures are priceless. I was already mostly done at this point, but the look on his face pretty much says it all.


It is definitely not perfect, but considering how tired he was and how much he wiggled and moved trying to follow each pass of the razor, I think I did a pretty good job. I then sent Ryan a picture of the hair cutting kit with Pierscen's shirt beside it. (I removed it after I was done. Should have done that to begin with since he refused the cape. Oh well,)

He responded via text, "If you touch one hair...!"

My response was as follows:


Hahaha!



See, he is no worse for the wear! After the hair cut he went down for his nap like a champ. :)

Afterwards he agreed to a photo shoot his his new hairdo:







That evening, to get rid of the rest of the stray hairs, he got his very first REAL bath! Just like the hair cut, getting him out of that baby bath was long over due. He LOVED the freedom of the tub.



He learned he could crawl up and down the tub, slide on his belly, and splash all he wanted. Keeping Dodger out was a challenge, like always. Not because he likes baths. He rather detests them. But he wanted the toys. I would just toss him out of the bathroom during bath time, but if Ryan isn't home to provide some distraction, he will just sit outside the door and scratch and whine to come back in. Sigh.


Anyway, I think things turned out pretty successful. P is crazy in the tub. I think he will love swimming. And as far as the hair cut went, I really didn't even cut off that much which makes me wonder... if I hadn't sent Ryan those teasing texts, would he have even noticed? ;)

2 comments:

  1. The hair cut looks great, and he is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job! Baby P is such a handsome little guy!

    ReplyDelete