Thursday, October 18, 2012

Acres Of Corn And Animals Galore

 This last weekend we kept up with the fall festivities by heading out to Green Acres Corn Maze. The singles ward was there giving out cider and donuts in the parking lot for our stake from 2-4. We saw them in the parking lot, but we both chickened out when it came to asking them for some. 


We met our friends Lauriel and Casey and Casey's dad and step-mom, Tom and Anna. We took a picture of the maze at the beginning and used it to get through a lot faster than we probably would have. Honestly, looking at that picture didn't help me at all, but Ryan understood it and navigated us through really well. Cheating, yes, but still fun.


After we made it through, Tom decided to sit it out while the rest of us did the smaller of the two mazes. 

From there Lauriel and Anna were planning on taking a tractor ride out to the petting zoo. It was only an additional $3, but I didn't think it would really be worth it. I just didn't see Pierscen really caring. However, they did manage to convince me to go, so off I went to buy an additional ticket.
 


 While waiting for the tractor, Pierscen had lots of fun with Lauriel's hat. Cute little bug.

Pierscen LOVED the tractor ride. I stood him up on the hay and he held onto the side railing. He started dancing and and squealing. I love that he is so simple to please. :)





The first animal we saw was Mike the Giant Bunny. And boy was he giant! Look at that guy! That is amazing!



I will just say here and now, it was totally worth the extra $3. Pierscen loved it. He was fascinated by all the different animals and loved playing with each of them.

 Baby Chickens


Big Piggy


 Ginormous Piggy!


Funky Chicken

Lama


Anna was really smart and was collecting corn as we went through the mazes. She was prepared to feed the animals and they loved her!


 Donkey
 

I learned that Anna used to raise miniature horses when she was younger. How fun is that?

 Mini Horse


This guy pictured above is Popeye in the Billy Goat. The sign on his cage said he wasn't much of a people person, but he was actually really friendly. Nasty. Filthy. But friendly. Lauriel put her finger between his horns to rub his head and he was in heaven! It was funny.


These little guys were my favorite. Oreo the Fainting Goat (I want one so bad!) and an Angora Goat (I forgot its name). They were so soft and so cute! Anna gave Pierscen some corn to feed them. I think it kind of freaked him out, but it was still cute.




Once we had visited all the animals, we started making our loop back around. We went back to the ginormous piggies first. Pay attention to his right sock visible just on the bottom of the picture below.

Sock on...

What are you doing piggies?

Where did the sock go?! 


I didn't notice that the sock was gone until I put him down by Mike the Bunny again. We had walked straight from the pig pen to the bunny, so it's not like I had to retrace the whole barn. However, it wasn't on the ground, so I knew it had to be in the pig pen. We walked over there and there was no obvious white sock to be seen. In the 30 seconds it had taken us to walk to the bunny, those piggies mashed it into the ground. It was nasty! But at least I was able to retrieve it.


When I first put him down with the bunny, he was far more interested in the bale of hay behind him. 


 
Look at that thing. He is easily as big as Pierscen! He didn't really notice him until Mike practically hopped into his lap.



Pierscen was good to be soft with him, though he did grab a tuft of fur on his cheek. At that point I released the poor bunny and decided we were done.


We had such a great time. I can't wait to go again next year. I bet Pierscen will love it even more. Everyone was right - the petting zoo was totally worth it. :) I love fall!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous! That looks like sooo much fun! You should have invited us...we totally would have made it an excuse to come see you! :)

    ReplyDelete