Monday, October 15, 2012

9 months

 Our little man turned 9 months old! (2.5 weeks ago) I know 9 months isn't all that old, but it seems like it. Probably just because it's part of a new segment. 0-3, 3-6, 6-9, 9-12. And being in that 9-12 category... well that just seems old! :)
 

As always, this little guy is full of life, love, and personality. I can't get enough of him. Even on days that are a little on the rough side, Ryan and I will find ourselves saying, "I miss Pierscen," after he has gone to bed. He is just such a great kid!


Some fun things about 9 months... 

FOOD: He is eating just about anything. I still avoid tomato stuff just to be safe for now. But I wasn't doing so hot on the finger food part of things. It didn't really occur to me the wide variety of things he could have right now until I was reading my friend Julie's blog. (Thanks Julie!) Now if I think he can gum it to death, it's worth a try. He has had cheese, crackers, noodles, carrots, puffs, chicken, avacado, mac 'n' cheese, banana, bread, watermelon, cantelope, lots of other stuff I can't think of... and fries. (As I hang my head in shame.)


I went out to eat at Smash Burger with Necia (my sister, not Nicia, my BFF) while I was in Utah. I decided to see if he wanted to try one. He really wasn't too sure what to make of it. And now that I think of it, without teeth, fries don't gum up all that well. They just sort of flatten. He has had fries one other time since. It's not a very enthusiastic response, but he will chew on them for a while. 

A lady in church yesterday gave him his first sucker. He. LOVED. It. It's funny how natural it is. He seemed to know just what to do with it. We let him suck on it on the way home, but when we reached the house, he had dropped it in the car seat and it was gross. His hands were super sticky and I decided he had had enough sugar anyway. This is how it starts America. Fries and Suckers by 9 months. Don't worry. This is not a habit. 

When he first starting crawling and finding things to put in his mouth, I was able to walk over, put my finger in his mouth and he would open up wide and let me swipe it out. Now as soon as he sees me coming he clamps down tight and runs for cover. Same thing if he sees the booger sucker or a tissue. Poor kid learns fast. Mom is no fun. :) 



CHURCH: I love dressing this little guy up for church. This last Sunday was the first time I have ever done his hair. Ever. I used Ryan's Axe stuff and I think he looked ridiculously handsome. He had lots of girls' attention. :) Church is so much harder with a mobile baby. They aren't so easy to entertain. He always wants to be on the move.






TEETH and COLDS: The never ending saga. He has had a cold now for about 3 weeks. It's driving me insane. I hate it cause there isn't much I can do for it. I use the booger sucker, saline nose drops, humidifer, and baby Vics. Add to that two top teeth that just will not come through and at times we have a very sad little guy. I thought for sure those darn teeth were going to pop through, but they seem to have recessed again. Poor babe. 


This is Pierscen eating some of mom's home made chicken noodle soup. It was my first attempt and it turned out super yummy. It was appropriate since little guy felt so crummy. Potato and celery. There are two more finger foods he has had. 

DORA THE EXPLORER: I know I have already done a whole separate post on this, but it's still fun. He is majorly into the load/unload the box stage. It's adorable. My mother-in-law sent us back to Wyoming with a box full of apples. Pierscen discovered it one day and we spent the next several days finding apples in the hall, kitchen, bathroom, his bedroom, and in other boxes. But in their place, he left blocks in the apple box. Take something, replace it with something else. It's hilarious. If something goes missing that was last seen in his hands, check the nearby boxes. 


WEATHER: 9 months means the beginning of fall and consequently fall clothes. I was just excited to put him in a hoody is basically what it amounts too.



FUNNY FACES: Whenever I go to put P down for a nap and he isn't excited about it, he has started pulling this super fake sad face that makes me laugh so hard. I haven't been able to catch it on camera yet. He squeezes his eyes shut, wrinkles his nose, and then pulls a big fake pout. I will have to try and get it on camera. 

Lately he has also taken to showing off his bottom two teeth. Instead of giving us his big Pierscen grin, he has been jutting out his lower jaw and opening his mouth just enough to show us his teeth. Maybe he is trying to mimic Dodger's under bite. 

He started clapping and giving "high 5's" a while ago but stopped doing it for a time. However, it is back in full force. If you start cheering or say "yeah Pierscen" he will start clapping. I love it.

STANDING: He has really caught on to pulling himself up onto his feet. We find him standing everywhere. 


This box pictured below was actually in the kitchen. He walked/pushed the box over there.



 Selecting "baby safe" items is a bit more challenging now that he can reach them. 





 He also discovered that pulling out mom and dads shoes is great fun. He is into everything, but it's pretty cute. He can crawl super fast and likes to walk if you hold onto his fingers. He leans back pretty far when he does it, but at least he has the motion of one foot in front of the other down.


DODGER and BROWN BEAR: Pierscen adores Dodger. He starts giggling even as he is just crawling towards him. Its hilarious. If he can surprise Dodge he likes to head butt him in the side like a ram. It's never hard, but I think he figures if he stops to reach out for him Dodger will jump out of the way. 

I have reintroduced him to the stuffed brown bear Jen and Matt gave him while he was in the hospital. Dodger is a terror with stuffed animals so we have had to keep it up high. But I am now using it as bribery to stay on his back while changing his diaper. He loves it. It makes him SO happy. Thank you Matt and Jen! 


DADDY: Pierscen has a new word. "Dad" It is so adorable! He pronounces it very clear. "Dad. Dad. Dad." But the cutest thing about it is that he likes to whisper it. You almost can't hear it. In fact, if you aren't right there, you can see his lips moving, but no sound. "Dad. Dad. Dad." I love it! Don't worry. I am not hurt or offended. He spent months saying "Mom" "mum" or "mama" even though I don't know if he ever connected that was my name. I can't say for sure, but it definitely seems like he knows who he is talking about. He loves his daddy. Those two are peas in a pod. I love seeing them together. 

KISSES: He is learning to kiss. It's never on command and it is definitely wet, but I think he is getting it. He opens his mouth nice and wide and attaches himself to my chin. Hahaha. But he doesn't bite. He just sit there. I will take that for a kiss. :)

We sure love our little guy. He is the best thing to ever happen to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment