Saturday, August 12, 2017

Art Show and Auction


April was the culmination of soccer season and Pierscen's preschool's huge art show/fundraiser. Naturally they both happened on the same day and it was a very busy day!

It started with me going to the community center where the fundraiser was being held bright and early to start setting up. You see... I am a little crazy myself and I volunteered to be on the committee for this thing - and it is the biggest, longest, most intensive committee there is. Granted the first half the year we didn't have to do anything. But come the beginning on the year, the biggest part of our job was that we were supposed to go out into the community and ask for donations for our art show. The idea freaked me out really bad because  it's so outside of my comfort zone that I only did it once, and that was with help. So when it came to the big day, I really felt like I needed to pull my weight with helping out. And I did. I was there pretty much all day long!

Anyway, we were all worried that we wouldn't have much when it came to the silent auction, but I was amazed at how much had really come rolling it. TONS of donations. It was fantastic! We spent the morning decorating tables, setting up the silent auction, etc. They provided lunch, but we worked and worked. I left only long enough to go to Pierscen's last soccer game and then drop off a gift for his soccer coach at a party they were throwing for the kids afterward. We told them we couldn't go to the party, so they gave Pierscen his trophy at the game. He was thrilled and said it was because he "was the best player ever!" Funny enough, the actually had the best game of his season that last game. Finally really started playing. At least we ended on a high note. :)


Then it was back to the community center for more set up/prep. 



The real amazing thing about this show was that they built a replica of the school to house all the cool projects. I don't know if I have a picture of the school to show you the comparison, but wow! I guess that's what happens when the director is an artist. :)



I did a walk through before things started and took pictures of most of Pierscen's stuff. It was awesome!













It was a long, chaotic night. Ryan brought the kids, got some food, let them play, then they took off. I was posted at the silent auction tables, walking around helping people, answering questions, and taking care of any "buy it now" items. The auction took a bit to get going, but by the end, it was super busy. We ended up bringing in close to $10,000! 

I went home close to 10 pm after take down. It was a LONG day, but highly successful. Then I was done! Hooray! No more committee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment