Friday, September 22, 2017

Puddles and Pedicures

As promised, I took Devry back to the splash pad the second day of school. We met up with friends and had a great time.


Those three weeks pre-baby were important to me. I told myself that I would do something with Devry every day. It didn't have to be big or anything. Many days it was just grocery shopping, but I just wanted to make sure that time didn't slip away from us. I just wish it had been longer. But I'm very grateful for the time we did have. 

Just a pretty sunset:


A few weeks before baby came, my friend Jessamin and I went to get pedicures. This is an extremely rare thing for me. It was a lot of fun. Jessamin is one of the most amazing people I know. 


Shortly after I got home, the kids came in from swimming with Ryan. Pierscen was in mid-sentence when he noticed my toes. "Woah! You painted your nails! You've never done that before!" Devry's mind was blown. She has never seen my nails done before, so she went crazy. She started begging for me to paint her nails. Problem was, I didn't even own any nail polish. This is how very rare it is! And truthfully, I had hoped to put this off as long as possible because I knew as soon as she realized his was a possibility, she would want it all the time. So the next day we went on a date to Walmart.

I took these pictures because Devry has been extra attached to Harper since Pierscen went to school. She goes everywhere with us, and she always wants her to be safe and buckled in. 


You can't tell she's excited at all, can you?


We got home and I painted her toes before we went to the park to play. I did not do a very good job, as I am really out of practice at this - and generally just not good at it period. Haha. Good thing she didn't care. She was so happy! When we got to the park to meet up with friends, she sat on the picnic table for 20 minutes showing off her nails and yelling at her the boyfriends to come admire them. Haha. 




After that it became a frequent thing. Like almost daily for a while. Partly because she wanted different colors, but partly because we went swimming a lot and they would come right off. (Cheap nail polish and very thin coats to avoid having to use the hairdryer, pictured below.) Ryan thought it was awfully cute though. 



The picture below has nothing to do with anything. It was just our first Sunday without dad, so we went for a morning walk. Church went pretty well. A tiny bit chaotic, but not horrible. :) Here's to many more Sunday adventures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment