Monday, September 4, 2017

4th of July

The picture below was not taken on the 4th of July, but I had to snap this picture of trying to buckle Devry into the car. She may be tiny, but she is an escape artist! 


Okay, the rest of this is the 4th of July post. :) I signed up for the same 4 miles on the 4th run that I did last year, but this year marked 30 weeks! I planned on this being my last official race because A. I'm 30 weeks, and B. Pretty much all the races after this were on Sundays. This year they also had a free Kids 1k, and I spread the word so friends could join too. 



I had definitely planned on walking/running this one, but once I got going, I felt pretty good. I was able to run the whole thing! It was not my fastest run, but I was pretty proud of myself. And as I crossed the finish line they congratulated me on being the "fasted pregnant woman." Haha!


Our friends Leo, Seth, Stella and Sam all joined for the kids 1K. I learned later that it was SUPER unofficial because they didn't really pace it out. They just kind of picked a spot to turn around. And, they didn't care if you made it or not. I was trying to be more official, but when Pierscen and Ryan passed us on their way back, Devry went into melt down mode and I had to carry her. But while it lasted it was fun. :)






Following the race we went to a birthday party at the pool. Good times, food, and cake were had by all. 


Swimming this summer hasn't been my most favorite activity, largely because it's hot, I'm hot, big and awkward, and I didn't have a good swim suit. I bought one on sale from Motherhood that I absolutely loved. It fit great and made me feel less whale-like. Maternity swim suit for the win!


That evening we were invited to a friends how for dinner and fireworks. I contributed ribbon jello salad. This is a patriotic twist on the one I make at Christmas time and it turned out awesome! And tasted incredible too. 





One of the families invited had a bunch of those rub on tattoos and Devry could not get enough. She could have covered every inch of herself if I had let her. Haha!


I was the most nervous about Dev when it came to the fireworks because last year the few we set off in our driveway really freaked her out. She hated them! But she had a complete change of heart this time. She went crazy she was so excited!


This was funny. They set off some firecrackers and all the kids were covering their ears, naturally, but one by one they all ended up running away until all that was left was Pierscen. :)



We had 14 kids there to enjoy the fireworks. We had a great view because we had plenty that we all brought, but we had a great view of the valley too. 



We had a fantastic time. We have such great friends here and are so grateful for them. It was a perfect 4th of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment