Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Utah trip Day 6-10

I just realized that the following pictures are from Thursday evening, the day of Asa's endowment, but that's okay. 

That night we did a girl's night at Olive Garden. Necia and Caroline weren't able to make it to dinner, but Caroline later joined us for desert at Sweet Tooth Fairy. Below: Me, Jari, Tate, Chelsey, Zane, and Kara. 



Goofiness with my dancin' sister. :)



It was a nice evening out, though we really missed Necia. :(

Friday morning, Jari and I headed to the Hogle Zoo with Issy and Deiderik in tow. 

Below: Devry, Deiderik, Pierscen, Issy, Charlotte, Hazel, Jari and Zachary. 


The lion exhibit is new since I was last here a few years ago. I just barely missed the photo op, but one of the lions was right against the glass. Very cool!


P said this monkey was his favorite:



Seeing how they measure up:


Charlotte was not thrilled because the first photo got crowded and she was nudged out. I made things worse by giggling at her pout. Sorry Charlotte! It was really cute. I wasn't trying to be the mean aunt. 


The tiger exhibit was really cool. We couldn't find the tiger for a while until we realized it was right above us on this cat walk. It was enjoying a nice rabbit lunch. Horrible picture, but it was cool to watch. 


We did get a better picture when it came down for a drink. Tigers are such amazing animals!


Crazy to think I have a picture just like this of P and Issy two years previous. 



The Hogle Zoo has a great sea lion/seal exhibit too. The kids spent a long time here watching them swim by. I love watching animals swim under the water. It is so peaceful!




Polar bears and brown bears: 



Devry discovered the stuffed animals and I thought I was going to be in really big trouble. She LOVES stuffed animals. But she already has several and these ones are always pricey. I don't know how I did it, but we did manage to escape without having to buy any. 


Enjoying the last few minutes at the zoo playing in the play area:



At one point, I had all four kids (P, D, Issy and Deids) asleep on the way home. Tiring, but awesome day. 


Friday night my mom hosted a great birthday party for me with the family. Thank you mom! The food, dessert, and company were amazing. It's great to be able to spend my birthday with family. 

0







I have an amazing family. They seriously are the best. Thank you for the gifts, food and fun!

Saturday my cousin Joel was married in the Payson Temple. Jari and I attended the wedding in place of Necia and James who were invited, but unable to go. It was a beautiful wedding and we are super happy for them.

The ONLY negative to that wedding was the fact that it took place right over the lunch hour (and the bride was almost an hour later to her own wedding) so by the time we were done, we were starving! Jari and I opted to head to Mi Ranchito - our favorite for some "linner." Nom Nom. 



Following our delicious food, we dashed over to Necia's house to celebrate Issy's 6th birthday. She had a fanastic Hello Kitty themed party well attended by cousins and a few friends. Pierscen loves Issy so much. She is such an amazing, sweet girl. Happy birthday little lady!



The other awsome thing was that Necia's friend Tami was in town from NYC. Tami and Necia have been friends for years, but interestingly, Tami and Jari and I are all friends too. Tami is pretty much just one of the girls. She is amazing. Seriously amazing. Such a good friend. 


One side effect of being pretty much the only boy at the party is that you end up dressed like Elsa - dress, makeup, and everything. Not that he was complaining. Oh this little boy. Necia sent him home with a big tonka truck with some construction hats to try and even out the girl overload. Haha. 


On Sunday we went to church with my in-laws. Kiddos sure make things exciting. 



Sunday evening all the grandkids on my parent's side went down to the Provo City Center Temple to take pictures. My mom wants to frame them and give them for Christmas gifts. I think it will be really special. 







The temple is an amazing place. It truly is the House of God. I think having these pictures will be really wonderful. Set your sights on the Temple and aim true. Every effort made to make it there is worth it. 

Sunday evening cousins and Opa:


Monday for lunch, Necia, Tami, Jari and I went out to eat at a place called Galilee. Issy and Pierscen enjoyed a fun picnic in the backyard. 


I ordered Mediterranean pizza. It was delicious!


Shortly after lunch, we gathered the kids and went for a hike up Battlecreek Falls in Pleasant Grove. Necia said it was an easy hike, and all things considered, sure... but it is a little different when you hike the entire thing with a 20 month old on your shoulders. Jari and I both hiked this way. Not easy. But we made it!




This fallen tree crossed over the river. Pierscen kept telling us that he wanted to climb across. I told him that it was super dangerous, so he shouldn't do it. His response was, "But I'm brave enough!" Being brave enough doesn't mean that it's safe! Cute kiddo. 


I also loved that during the hike back, Devry did not want to hold my hand or be held. She only wanted to hold hands with Pierscen. P was happy to oblige. He is an amazing big brother. 


Back at Necia's, we helped pick plumbs and played a bit of volleyball with Samantha. I heard Samantha tell someone that I was "actually really good" and that made me feel rather proud. Thanks for your lessons, Ry! Then Jari took over while I helped with the plumbs and she totally put me to shame. Thanks a lot Jari! Haha. 



Nothing cuter than cousins in diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment