Wednesday, September 7, 2016

February 2016 - Gravel, Mulch, Field trips and Milestones

February was back to work. This time painting the ceiling in the bathroom upstairs and the half bath down stairs. Thankfully this play saucer contained Devry long enough to get most of it done before she wanted to help. 


I finally found some warmer clothes for Dev, though I must add that this was probably the only day cold enough for it as you will see in the pictures coming up. 


One of Pierscen's jobs is to the clean the toilets. I couldn't help but snag a picture. No, he wasn't cringing from his work. This was his "I'm trying to scrub as hard as I can," face. Hahaha. He is a great little worker. 


We made it to Home Depot for their workshop day. He made a little valentine mail box. 


Oma and Opa sent a Valentine care package for the kids with valentines and lots of Hi-Chews and snacks. I think they were pretty excited!



Now this is experience was both brand new and a total deja vu. February is garden planting time. What?! Remember where we just moved from where nothing was safe to plant until May? Yup. Now the part that I am all too familiar with... hauling gravel. We had to clear out space to build our planter boxes. Ryan worked really hard clearing the way for one box. While he was at work, I decided to double the area and surprise him. This was seriously hard work.  


Later that night, we were standing outside and Ryan was admiring his work. "Dang. I did a really awesome job! Woah..." he said trailing off as he realized what had really happened. "I mean YOU did a really awesome job!" Haha. On a Saturday we drove to south Albuquerque to pick up a bunch of special mulch. We don't have a truck, so we brought totes and garbage cans. As I was trying to help lift a tote, my ring caught on my shorts and dug into my knee. That hurt so bad!


We got home and got to work building the boxes and prepping them to be filled.



An hour later this is what my knee looked like. That was not fun. 


Here is a view of the progress we made. Ryan had cleared the gravel for one box and I cleared the rest of that. Go us!


For Valentine's Day, my mom sent a really fun care package filled with treats and goodies she and Issy had picked out for us. 


There were doggy bones for Dodger and chocolates for Devry. 


And chocolate cinnamon bears and almonds for me! Yum yum! Thank you mom! She has been so wonderful to send us things to let us know she is thinking about us. Love you tons, mom!


From that Valentine's Sunday... Devry looked so darn cute! This was the only picture we got of her though. Poor tired thing. 


I had to take a picture of this amazing hair do. We joke that she is Princess Ana here when she wakes up on coronation day. Pretty incredible. 


Sigh... I had this discussion with Nicia the other day that I'm not sure why I feel the need to take pictures EVERY time we go somewhere. Especially when the places we go are usually the same places we ALWAYS go. It would make my life a lot easier if I didn't. It's not like these pictures are anything different than normal. But I can't help myself. So... more aquarium and garden pictures....




I know I took the picture of Pierscen below because part of that care package was a bunch of "field trip" snack bags my mom had prepared for our outings with things like trail mix, gummy worms, and banana chips. They are great snacks!


This was neat to see all the turtles out sunbathing. Note Pierscen's shorts and short sleeve shirt. February. It's awesome. 



Some goofy pictures of my little gal sporting a new hair do. (Though you can't actually see it.)



Back at the zoo. For this particular trip, the only way I was able to get Pierscen out of that chair was to ask him, as the King, if he would please show us the magnificent animals of his kingdom in exchange for a treat (mini Nutter Butters from my mom).


These monkeys are my favorite. They are especially loud in the morning. Though you can't see it terribly well in the video, their throats puff out like a frog when it croaks as they make this whooping sound. I love going in the morning and hearing them "sing." It makes me feel like I am in the Monkey Kindgom of Jungle Book. 




This was an interesting zoo visit because it was when we arrived the giraffes were trying to mate. The male tried to mount the female several times but did not succeed while we were there. I thought I was going to have to give my son a lesson on procreation, but was spared. ;)


Rayola sent the kids their Easter outfits early. You will see this suit pictures later. 


If Jane and Tarzan had a baby... this would be her. Haha!


Piggies!!!


Our baby loves to climb every chance she gets. 


But the greatest thing to happen in February was Devry learning to walk! 14 months, just like her brother. She still opted to crawl most of the time for about another month or so, and then she just took off. Yes, walking means more trouble, but I was so thrilled for her. It's amazing seeing your kids reach these mile stones. Go, baby, go!


No comments:

Post a Comment