Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Little Moments #1

Last night Ryan asked what was for dinner and I replied,

"Rabbit food."

He grunted. I cooked four artichokes and plopped them down in front of us with a bowl of miracle whip for dip and an empty bowl for the leaves. 

"And you expect me to get full from this?" he asked.

I just laughed and told him to dig in.

He ate silently for a while. I didn't expect him to like it. But I was really in the mood for artichoke and that was that. After some time he looked at me and said,

"This is actually pretty good. It's weird. But it's not bad. Probably because I like Miracle Whip."

Hahahaha. I will take the victory however small it comes. Thank you, Miracle Whip, for making Ryan's first artichoke experience a decent one. He did make some "real" food after that, but at least he ate the rabbit food first. And he even liked it. 

(I intend on record more of these small things. Just moments in passing. I hate that I feel I have to justify things like this. But hey - this is my blog. This is pretty much my only journal. If I want to remember that Ryan ate artichoke, then that's my business. So there. Hahaha.)

1 comment:

  1. I love artichokes!!! My mom made them seem like a yummy treat growing up and we would sometimes eat them for dessert. We usually have them with butter with garlic, salt, and pepper. Ryan thinks I'm crazy that I get so excited for them. I will eat "rabbit food" any day!

    ReplyDelete