Monday, March 13, 2017

Oh Christmas Tree

December started out great. Since we got a real tree, we set up one of our artificial ones on the upstairs landing for the kids. They were pretty happy with it! 


Pierscen finally got his letter to Santa done. This year he had only one wish. He wanted a marble track! I think that's something Santa could manage. :)


On that first Saturday, Pierscen was invited to his first friend birthday party from school. The house where it was located is tucked away in this part of ABQ I had no idea existed. It's in the middle of the city, but you would never know that. There are big fields and open areas and lots and lots of cranes. It was so beautiful. 





P had a great time at the party. Afterward we headed downtown to meet up with our friends to go see the Festival of Trees. In Utah, the Festival of Trees is HUGE! My mom and a few family members attended and she sent me dozens of pictures of incredible decorated trees. I found out that there was one in Albuquerque and thought, let's check it out!

While we were waiting for our friends, Pierscen found this big landing and decided it was a stage. He danced and sang and put on a great show. I love this little performer!




So this Festival of Trees isn't very big, but it was fun. The kids were a little crazy, but they got to see Santa, do some crafts, dance to some live bands, write letters to Santa, AND it was FREE!







It was a fun adventure. Meanwhile back at home the next day, Pierscen vanished during quite time. Luckily for me he left a trail. Hahaha!


I took the kids up to another LDS church in Rio Rancho where they had nativities from all over the world set up. It was really neat! P ran into a friend from school, which was fun, until they started getting a little crazy and dancing around the gym. Normally I wouldn't have been too concerned, but it was Sunday and there were LOTS of breakable things around us. Better not to risk it. So we stayed for maybe 20 minutes before we had to head home. Oh well. At least we tried. 


I will say that though I was a little bummed that the kids were not exactly as well behaved as I would have hoped at either of these outings, it was good to get out and celebrate the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment