Monday, March 13, 2017

I Just Have to Try

Here's one for the books: Another crazy Pierscen adventure. 

I still hadn't put the Christmas tree box away from upstairs. One morning, Pierscen decided he wanted to try and ride it down the stairs. I did NOT want him to do it for many reasons. First, I didn't want him hurt. Second, I didn't want any dents in the walls. Third, I didn't want the box destroyed. I gave him all these reasons and explained that most likely it wasn't going to go the way he thought it would. I said the likelihood of it gliding down the stairs was slim and he was far more likely to flip and tumble. His response?

"I just have to try!"

Of course you do, buddy. So we padded the base of the stairs with blankets and pillows, protecting him, the floor, and the wall. I stood there watching for a long time, attempting to record it. He would inch forward a tiny bit at a time, but he was pretty nervous too. My anxiety finally won and I told myself I just needed to walk away. 



I stood in the kitchen and tried to keep myself busy. Shortly thereafter...

Thud! Thud - thud- thud! "Woah!" Thud - thud - thud. A moment of silence followed by nervous laughter.

"I'm okay! I caught myself! That was MAGICAL! Jesus saved me!!!!"

I couldn't stop laughing!!! He had only made it down a few stairs before the box bucked him out. I thought this might have satisfied him, but what a silly thought that was!

Back up to the top he went. Once again, I wasn't able to get the real action on film. Only the last second worth of the tumble. I kept the video mostly because of the way Devry was laughing at him at the end. Totally my daughter. Hahaha!


One attempt got him bucked out. A second attempt had him tumbling. Third time was the charm. :)


After a true successful ride I was able to convince him to be done. No injury. No dents. And box mostly intact. I told Ryan all about it, though I had a difficult time getting through the story without laughing my head off. I am so grateful that he was not actually hurt. I am grateful for guardian angels, though I know we don't make their job very easy. I have a feeling we are in for a life time of "I just have try" moments. Love this crazy character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment