Sunday, January 15, 2017

Dwight Shrute and Other Random Happenings

Here's your random stuff that happened in November post.

First thing - we finally had to tear out our garden. Yes. In November. I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that our growing season is February to November. It's amazing!!! I pulled the rest of the beets and check this thing out! I posted a picture to Instagram with the caption "Dwight Schrute would be proud." He is a character from The Office that is a beet farmer. But seriously guys, look how huge this thing is!





This was Pierscen's portrait of Garfield. I love it so much!


Devry is such a little mother. She loves to take her little stuffed animals and wrap them in napkins, towels, and burp clothes. Then she carries them like this, laying on their backs. She feeds them, loves them, rocks them, and hushes them. It is so dang sweet. 


As part of the New Mexico unit at Pierscen's school, they asked for family recipes to collect for a "Taste of New Mexico" cook book. I thought long and hard about what was something unique to us and decided on aebleskivers. This is the first time I have made them on a day other than Christmas. We joked that there might be a curse that followed, but everything turned out okay. I actually have a whole recipe book on amazing ways to eat these things and had yet to try them. Baby steps, guys. Baby steps. 



While turning over the garden and adding in mulched leaves, Pierscen found this thing. At first I thought he was bringing in a piece of poo. It definitely isn't poo. But it also kind of looked fake. Then in moved. *Shudder* Ryan did some investigating and found that it is a hummingbird moth pupa. Kind of cool, right? Pierscen found another one and now they are both in that jar pictured, but covered in dirt. We will see if they survive. 


Now this is big. I have wanted an entryway table for a long time. But they are pricey. I price check several sights often just to see what's available. Then one day, Amazon was having a really great deal. I found the one I wanted, but was nervous because it listed it as espresso (which I wanted) but all the pictures looked cherry (which I really DIDN'T want). At last I found pictures posted from actual customers and it was a goregous espresso. So I committed. And I am SO happy! I put it together by myself and I love, love, LOVE it! Now to get some decor!


Below was taken a month later for Christmas. It's not much, but having a table there is seriously amazing. 


Lastly, I got a skirt. This is blog worth. Really. I have several friends who sell LuLaRoe and I have never bought anything because it is expensive and most of the prints are too spazy for my taste. I attended an open house for my friend here locally and found this skirt that was black and mint alternating. I loved it, but it was just a tad bit too tight. I mean it fit, and it was sexy, but I wanted something that I could wear to church without feel self conscious. 

Later I found out that I actually won a skirt from that open house AND they had found me one that was similar in the right size. It wasn't the exact same, since the original alternated colors a couple of times, but it was close enough. I LOVE it! I feel confident, sexy (without being too sexy haha) and it was free! It is super comfortable, stretchy, and flattering. Hooray! And, you know, I recently lost 20 pounds, so it was really nice to feel good again. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment