Tuesday, October 29, 2013

August Clips

The rest of August was spent doing things like this...


We may not have gone camping for real, but the boys enjoyed hanging out in the tent in the backyard. The next day I went back to find that the tent was gone. I figured Ryan had taken it down, but when I asked him about it, he denied even touching it. We found it in our neighbors yard upside down. Thank you Wyoming wind. (It wasn't even windy that day!!!)



We love our walks along the river trail. P knows this will always lead to rock throwing. :)








One day while we were at the park, a very friendly Shih Tzu mix came running up to us to say hello. We pet him for a second and off he went. Shortly after, the owner came around the corner and asked that if the dog came back, could we try and catch him. So we set off to help. Well, he is one of those dogs that the more you try to catch him, the harder he will run. So we just acted casual and waited for a chance to catch him. He approached the busy road and dashed across. We didn't want to chase him or call to him at this point for fear of him getting hit. Without warning, he dashed back across the street where he was nailed by a truck. And I'm not saying that lightly. He took the entire brunt with his head. He spun like a coke bottle out and away from the truck. 

I have never seen an animal get hit in real life. There was a moment of shock, but I dashed out into the street to stop the cars and help him. As I approached, my heart sunk. He was bleeding from the mouth profusely, was totally rigid, though still breathing, and had pooped. Major head trauma. Right then and there I decided there was no way he would make it. The owner came over and scooped him up and shortly started sobbing. 

The lady that had been driving the truck stopped as well as a older gentleman in the car behind her. The gentleman insisted that the owner put the dog down and go and get her car. She was really hesitant as I am sure felt the dog was going to die too. At last, she put him down and she ran to get her car on the other side of the park. We talked calmly to the dog and tried to reassure him. Just before the owner arrived, the dog actually sat up and cleared it's throat and began looking around. I was shocked to say the least. Pierscen, who had been silently watching with a sad pouty face, cheered happily when the dog sat up. 

As we help load to the dog in the car, I took a peek at his collar and memorized her address. I felt a little stalker like, but I really felt like I needed to follow up with the owner later to see how she was doing.             


I stopped by the store later that day and picked up some flowers. I wrote her a note and after dinner, drove to her house. After explaining who I was, she burst into tears and gave me a huge hug. Much to my surprise, the dog, Bailey, was still alive. They were keeping him at the vet to watch him - but he was still alive. We talked for a long time and exchanged phone numbers. She told me she would call me with any updates. For the next several days we talked quite a bit. Bailey was eventually able to come home, and though recovery was rough, today he is as happy and as healthy as he was beforehand. It was nothing short of a miracle and now Jan and I are good friends. 


We actually ran into Jan and Bailey on a walk in September and so Bailey and Dodger were able to meet. They did really well together and Bailey was perfectly healthy. Pretty amazing!


August was also our first garage sale shopping experience. I am not a garage sale person typically, but this one was across the street and it looked like they had some good kid stuff.  


He fell in love with this train set, which talks and has some fun accessories. It was only $5 so I had to get it. 


We also got him this horse. Oma and Opa have one that is similar, but it's the old school classic horse. I debated whether I should get it or not because that's one thing that is special about going to Oma and Opa's, but he loved it. It talks and sings too. They were asking $20, but I got it for $15. They have both been used like crazy!


 

P loves to help daddy with projects around the house. Or at least hang out with daddy while he works. 


Ryan's boss was super nice and gave us this beautiful oak table for free. It is 85 years old and in fantastic condition. It is the perfect size for our family and now we can have people over AND have food on the table. Pretty great. 


It's also unique because it has 5 legs. Maybe cause it's heavy? I'm still not really sure why. But hey - it adds style. While Ryan and his boss were taking it apart they found the tag from the last time it was sold. I can't say for sure that is was the original tag, but regardless, it sold for $250 back in the day. Free is awesome! Especially considering it is an antique!


The last highlight is Ms. Kitty. She showed up from who knows where. She spent about a week with us, coming and going when she pleased. She was super friendly and Pierscen adored her. Dodger... well... he despised her. Ryan wouldn't have let me keep her anyway, so it's not like Dodger needed to sweat over it. :)






 Okay, okay... to really end with... P just being P and getting a drink from the leaking faucet. He's a clever little bug.


No comments:

Post a Comment