Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Devry-Doodle Starts School

At the first of the year one of my friends asked if we would be interested in doing a joy school for the last few months of the school year. Just one day a week for a couple hours and we each rotate teaching. I was a little nervous about teaching (which is silly, because teaching kids is something I feel pretty decent at) but we agreed and jumped in. For Devry's first day she packed her own backpack with the essentials: Dodger's toy tire, a garage opener, and Diesel the train. Hahaha!


Can you tell she was excited? She had a bit of a hard time when I went to leave, but I was able to calm her down and once she jumped in, she was just fine. 


Look how cute! They made a cow out of squares! And... my friend did not know this, but Devry loves all things Lightning McQueen. That little red thing in her hand was a Lightning McQueen ruler snap bracelet. You could say she was pleased with how things went. I'm proud of this little girl and how hard she is trying. 


Pierscen also started piano lessons with his mama bear. He has done really well! (Though I am realizing as I'm typing this that we haven't done any lessons in a few months. Oops. Better get back into it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment