Sunday, January 7, 2018

1 Week of Life

And just like that, Darren turned 1 week old. Enjoy the pictures!

Dodger welcoming his newest brother to the family. It always amazes me just how huge he looks compared to these little babies. He's not a big dog!!!


They always warn you about boys peeing when the diaper comes off. Expected or not, some shots are more impressive than others. Take a look at the sheets in the top right corner. He went for distance! Hahaha!


One week photos with siblings: He is very, very loved!











Ryan's parents arrived a day after my mom left. Yes, I managed to survive a day without help! Woot woot! Here is Oma and Opa meeting Darren for the first time. And look how tiny he looks next to Opa's hand!






We didn't really "do" anything this week, obviously, so I don't have a lot of pictures of Grandparents with Grandchildren, unfortunately, but I have an abundance of Darren photos - as is the case for the next... forever. Haha. New baby syndrome. 

I think one of the biggest differences with this baby was the weather. Check out those photos! Wandering around the back yard nearly naked! And everything is still green!



Love sleeping smiles! Always makes me wonder what they are dreaming about.




Back outside. Ah-ahh-ahh-chooo!!! (These pjs were NOT needed. Honestly the warmest pair he owns, but Devry insisted.)



Fun with the crazy lady:





One of my favs. Every baby needs a dad/baby sleeping picture, but I really adore this one because they were legitimately holding hands. So sweet! And they really were both asleep. Pierscen saw this and couldn't resist jumping in too.




All those sleepless nights catching up to dad. Devry piled him high with books and he had no idea. 


Sweet, tiny guy. I'm still amazed (4 months later) at how awake and alert he was. Love him so much. 


Look at this adorable smile! I know it was a complete fluke that I caught this, but I was sitting on the bed with him and when I looked up, he was smiling at me. And it lasted long enough that I was able to catch his sweet smirk. :) :) :)




I was having a lot of pain breastfeeding (which is not uncommon for me) but something was different. I discovered that he has a lip tie. I have heard that visiting a dentist and getting it revised can make a big difference. We waited several weeks to do the consultation - but I'll jump ahead to that. They rate ties from 1-4, 4 being the worst. His is a 3. I decided I would have it revised if insurance covered it, but they wouldn't. So that was that. 


Back to that second week. Ryan competed in his second triathlon. I wasn't able to attend that one and cheer him on, but I am super proud of him for working so hard!


I had a project in mind that I wanted to do, and while Oma was here, she was kind enough to help me figure it out/ do most of it. Haha. I wanted to make a bed spread for Devry - not with batting or anything, but more like a decorative top sheet. I had a bunch of fun fabric which we cut apart and I rearranged until we had it just right. Then Oma sewing it all together while I napped. So grateful for her! I probably never would have gotten the project done otherwise.



Here's the finished product. I love it! Thank you for your help Oma!







Devry sure warmed up to Darren once we were home. She wanted to hold him all the time!



It was a great week and wonderful to have Ryan's parents here to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment