Monday, January 8, 2018

2 Week Check, Park, and Knots

Darren had his 2 week check up and came in at 7 lbs 4 oz. Go baby boy! Our pediatrician kept calling him "chunk" and "chubby" through the visit which was just bizarre and funny to me. Just what about my 7 pound baby is chunky? Haha. 


Everything went well at the visit with an ingrown finger nail being the biggest complaint. Sorry little bug.


Devry and Darren enjoying some outside time.


I started going on little walks, very very slow. C-section recoveries are long and hard, but I staying home all the time was making me feel batty. The first walk I took looked like this the whole time: Those are Devry and Pierscen way ahead of me. They had a hard time wanting to go as slow as mama bear. 


Below is another project Oma and I worked on together. Devry has a jumper dress that she loves to use as a nightgown, but it's way too small. Oma helped me to make a pattern from it and we made her a new one. Dev loves it!


A good chunk of the rest of this post is showcasing Devry's amazing hair tying talents. She is a hair twirler, as am I, when I am tired. But she knots hers in the most amazingly horrific way. I sent out pictures on social media asking for help and advice too. The best we could do was use leave in hair conditioner to help it come out easier... sort of. It didn't help much. But trying to untie the hair takes forever! And it breaks and pulls out her hair. Awful. Yes, I would put her to bed each night with her hair pulled back, but she would pull it out in her sleep and then knot it. Enjoy this sampling of her work:



Mixed with cute sleepy Darren.


Pierscen had a homework assignment to make binoculars out of toilet paper rolls. We had enough for both kids, so they went exploring in the backyard. They claimed they could see everything soooo much better. :) Haha. Well, I guess that's true for a lot of things in life. Tunnel vision can do that to you. ;)



This pictures demonstrate Darren's incredible neck strength and desire to see what's going on all the time. He was (and is) actually rather difficult to hold because even though he is tiny, he is wiggly! He bobbles around and throws himself from side to side trying to see everything. It is remarkable. Also, I really REALLY love the bottom right picture.


Below is our first solo park visit - just the kids and me. Pierscen is such a wonderful big brother. Love him so much!



Pierscen brought his toilet paper binos and climbed to the top of the rock to explore from a higher vantage point. Devry - well, she's just owning her own style. Hahaha!


More incredible knots... and what he hair looks like after 30 minutes of trying to untie it...



Below is our first Sunday at church. I did NOT stay the whole time and normally this would not have happened at all, but it was the Primary Program and I didn't want to miss that. 





This was also the first time we had all three kids in the car. Crazy!


The Primary Program was wonderful. Boring almost. Haha. I'm kidding. It really was great. Almost all of the kids had their parts memorized. It was incredible! There was just no fun, unpredictable out bursts, which if we are being honest, is what we all hope for. Ha!

We received a fun package from my mom including a few special items. First was some delicious peach leather. It was hard to ration because it was so good!



The second was some wonderful fall napkins my mom sewed! She took some fabric home from my stash and sent these back. I love them! They are so beautiful. This was another project I wanted to tackle, but doubt I ever would have gotten around to it. Thank you mom!


Sigh... a few more amazing knots, and proof that I really do do her hair! And it looks so cute - before she pulls it out anyway. 





I think this is one of my favorite hairdos! Love this lady. We'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment