Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was wonderful. We invited our friends, the Checkettes family, to join us for dinner and to act out the nativity. Dinner was scrumptious - though I did make the mistake of trying a new kind of roll rather than sticking with my tried and true. They weren't a complete flop, but they weren't fantastic either. But everything else - the twice baked potates, salad, ribbon jello, ham and turkey were all great!

The nativity was adorable. I don't have anything in way of true costumes, but I have lots of random fabric that we made due. Devry was Mary, Pierscen was the angel, Leo was Joseph, Ryan was the shepherd, Hyrum and Grant were sheep, and Emillie and Asael were Kings. I took pictures. :)





The kids were so cute! It was a little chaotic, but they had a lot of fun. There was even a squabble over baby Jesus, but when the Kings arrived bearing gifts, all was forgiven and forgotten. Haha. 









It was the perfect evening. I'm so glad the Checkettes were able to join us. 

Everyone wanted to open a gift that evening - though I was reluctant for Ryan and I to open anything because we really didn't have much for the next day! But that's okay. The kids got to open their beautiful outfits from Rayola. Thank you Ray-Ray!


I opened Pierscen's gift to me, which was a pumelo. I had no idea such a thing existed! Basically a giant grapefruit. Random, but perfect. Thanks Pierscen!


No comments:

Post a Comment