Monday, December 26, 2016

Arrrrr Matey!

For Halloween this year, Pierscen asked repeatedly to be the
"longest catepiller ever." He wanted all four of us to be connected into one costume. Um... no. Creative. But no. However, I couldn't talk him out of it. I went to a second hand store here and found the most adorable pirate costume for Devry. I really wanted to get it, but didn't know what to do for P since I thought it would be fun to have them match. He said no to the pirate idea until I found a genuine Jake and the Neverland Pirate costume. I would have to make the boot covers, sword and bandanna, but when he saw the the Jake costume he was ecstatic. He loves Jake. 

I had never made boot covers before and quite frankly, they were not easy. They were a pain in the rear, but I conquered! And look how cute it turned out! This boy was so dang happy!!! 




And check out this Pirate beauty! Isn't so adorable?! Eek! I have never been so excited for Halloween before. 


These pictures below were what happened when I turned the camera around to selfie mode. She really liked what she saw. :)



Enjoy the picture overload!






Pierscen's preschool had a really fun Halloween party. Devry and I were also able to attend. They had a great time. 



Lastly we had a really amazing ward Halloween party. I've honestly never had so much fun at a ward party before. I decided last minute that I could indeed pull off a costume for me and Ryan with limited resources and time. 


We were Issy and Cubby! How cute are we?! Hahaha. I don't typically dress up for Halloween. I'm kind of lame like that. But dressing up as a family was a blast. Ryan was a good sport about it.


P and his pal Sidney:


They had an actual DJ there dressed as a vampire with these fun fake fire chandelier lights. The kids had a blast dancing!



Following the dance we did trunk or treating in the parking lot. It was a lot of fun!

The next day my family did their annual pumpkin carving contest. This year the theme was animals. We had kind of forgotten about it, so we didn't have much prep time. This was the best I could come up with. Thank goodness we still had the pumpkins from the Pumpkin patch field trip at the beginning of the month. 




Halloween rolled around and I did my best to have some fun with the food. We did spider pancakes with ghost and bananas. 


Lunch was peanut butter pumpkin sandwich.  


Things went downhill for dinner. Lame attempt at hotdog mummies. I've done them before and they looked a lot better, but I think I deserve some credit for attempting to be festive. 


After dinner we met up with friends to go trick or treating. It was kind of a stressful event as kids kept running ahead of parents and at one point we had a bunch of kids with us and no other parents in sight. But hey, everyone had a great time. By the end Pierscen was completely uninterested in trick or treating any more and was more than fine with just going home. They had plenty of treats anyway. 



It was a really great, memorable Halloween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment