Friday, November 1, 2013

September Clips

The rest of September went something like this:


P fell asleep in his highchair for the first time ever. He must have been one exhausted little guy!



P said lots and lots of prayers. Okay, he doesn't actually say them yet, but he loves to stop whatever we are doing and pray - sometimes multiple times. We were watching something on Netflix the other day and he paused it no less than every fifteen seconds, folded his arms, and said, "Prayer?" It's a good habit to have. 


I have sadly come to dread bath time in the last little bit. He only seems to enjoy throwing his toys at me and splashing me with water. He thinks it's hilarious and it really frustrates me. He doesn't do it to Ryan. Well, either that or Ryan has just figured out how to distract him. Any ideas on how to make bath time fun again?


After being in the ward for a year, I was finally asked to give a talk. An hour or so before church, Pierscen threw my phone at me without warning. He was only a foot away. The corner of the phone connected with my face in a very painful way. So I got to give my first talk with a little shiner. Thanks buddy!


I think I have mentioned it before, but a couple of my friends and I like to get together and go for walks in the morning. Up until a couple weeks ago, we were going almost every day. It's lot of fun because our boys are all really close in age and love to hang out. It's been good for all of us.




P is always game to help out. We have been needing a wheelbarrow for a while and P was super excited about helping in the endeavor. He couldn't lift it up on the wheel, but he still managed to push it around the store. Thank goodness the floors could handle it!


Ryan picked out that slab of granite to use as a hot plate on the table. It's kind of heavy, but it's also nice. And since it is just a cut out from a sink, it's cheap. :)


We enjoyed a mammoth sized root beer float in one of the mugs Ryan brought home from his mission. This is the way to enjoy a float!







We had several play dates. I have inadvertently become the ward babysitter. :) Okay, probably not really, but there were several days where I was babysitting either multiple kids a day, or had back to back days of babysitting. Pierscen loves to have friends and it's easy for me. I'm home anyway. Might as well let P have some fun!





We always enjoy some good wrestling time... though usually it's daddy on the receiving end. :)


One of the biggest moments in September was this:


Tada!!! I finished my book! My goal was to finish a year after I started it and I made it! Now that being said... my only reader, Nicia, said she loved it up until the last chapter. So... I am still working on that one. But hey, I don't know of any book that got everything right the first time. Who knows? I might go through several endings before I get it right. I know it's important to have a group of people read through it to help get it just right... but it's hard to know who to ask. Everyone is so busy. And I'll admit... it's scary asking people to read your stuff, especially knowing that there will likely be some criticism along the way. It's a good thing - it really is - but it's still really hard.

Another big thing in September was the tree finally coming down. Yes, that's right. It's down! Ryan worked for weeks trying to dig out the roots, soaking the ground, and trying to pull it over with the car, but it wouldn't even budge. We finally decided the chain saw was the way to go. 


Ryan is amazing. He was able to cut it in just the right way that if fell exactly where we wanted it to. No smashed trees, railings, rain gutters, or broken windows. It was perfect!








While the tree was coming down, the neighbors were having a birthday party. They were very nice and shared some of the cake with Pierscen. Don't know if you can tell, but he really liked it. :)





We got the tree down just in time as a series of snow storms can through the next couple of weekends. The first one wasn't too bad, but the second one... well that's coming in another post. Cold weather means one main thing around here...



FIRES!!! This year we are not putting up the gate that blocked of the fire last year. P understands "hot" and has been really good to not touch it.




September was also our primary program. Pierscen had a great time during the practice and was super eager to participate. I don't think he will have any problem saying his part in a couple years. 



Little man LOVES nursery, but it wears him out. The drive from our house to the church is less than 5 minutes, yet almost every time we leave, he is out within the first 30 seconds of the drive home. 


With the colder weather our stroller gang moved to the mall, which is nice, because then the boys can play at the play area afterward.




 September was a good month. And in case I got the idea that it was time to relax... here was a reminder otherwise from little man. :) Get to work, mom!

2 comments:

  1. My sister has a writing group. I know she's in Provo, but I can give your her info if your want. She's been working on her book and is in the process for sending it to agents/publishers. Let me know! Also, I love tread, and while busy, I don't mind being a guinea pig for new things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little man! As far as the bathtime thing, i have a little one who's objective is to empty the tub onto the floor! Makes me crazy! Thats awesome you wrote a book!!! A lady in my ward is an avid reader and used to write reviews for books. I can ask her if she will read it for you.

    ReplyDelete