Monday, November 4, 2013

October Clips

During the month of October we finally discovered the wonder of the children's library. Why have we never been there before?! It's fantastic!




We have gone to Tiny Tot Story time twice. It's only about 20 minutes long, but P loves it. I think it will be a great outing during the winter.


I think the deer must instinctively know when it's hunting season because they move into town.


I almost ran into these two on a walk. Had to scoop Dodger up so he wouldn't go all "small dog syndrome" on me and try and attack them.


My mom sent Pierscen some more books. I have been trying to build up my collection and my mom has volunteered to help in the effort. She sent us Go, Dog, Go! Are you my mother? and Put me in the Zoo. Some of my favorite books growing up. :)




One perk of that big storm was that as Ryan was going around helping people cut up their limbs, he was able to bring home lots of wood for burning (next year that is.)


We also got two cords of wood for a killer price. It is still considered green, so it will be for next year as well, but it was an amazing price... if we can just figure out where to put it all.


We did load up a bunch of it the wheelbarrow and took it around to the side of the house. P loved getting free ride back. He was giggling like crazy.





Dodger was happy with our placement of the wood because it gives me a great vantage point to creepily watch for the little dog that lives next door. Ha!



Just a few days ago P was playing in the backyard and I went to check on him. Where did I find him? On top of the wood pile. Yeah it scared me pretty bad. I rounded the corner and there he was smiling. He threw his hands up in the air and yelled, "Ta da!" Ahhh! So we will need to add a few pieces to make it less of a stair case. At least it's sturdy. Scary little adventurous child.

I also rearranged the front room from this:


To this:


Much better, right? I was getting really tired of Pierscen throwing everything behind the couch and piano. Then Dodger would jump behind the couch to retrieve whatever it was he needed and then whine cause he couldn't get out again. So annoying! P still throws stuff off the upper level, but at least it's not getting stuck. AND... it's so much more open and roomy! I thought the other arrangement was fun and different, but it was really cramped. Traditional is better in this case.

Super Saturday is coming up and this is the craft I was in charge of. Pretty cute, yeah? You could definitely spruce it up, but I think it's cute just as it is. I had hoped to sell some via some FB pages here, but there have been no bites. Oh well.


It's been a busy, but good month. I forgot to mention in the Halloween post that amazingly there was no snow. Last year the weather was incredible. But we were told that is really rare. This year wasn't as nice, but at least there wasn't any snow.


November... here we come! 

1 comment:

  1. Cute! It looks like Pierscen is so much fun! He is seriously is happy in every picture you post!

    ReplyDelete