Monday, September 30, 2013

Potty Talk and Words We Shouldn't Say

*Warning* This post contains blunt, but funny stuff.

In the last couple of weeks, Pierscen has started recognizing when he has pooped and let me know. He will grab his diaper and say, "I pooped." So I will ask him if we should go change him and he immediate runs to his room saying, "Diaper!"

Honestly, it's been pretty great. I appreciate him letting me know and it's a good step toward potty training... someday. (Not anywhere in the near future.) 

Well, the other day I... shall we say... "let one go." Pierscen immediately ran around to my back side, poked me in the rear, then grabbed my back pocket and tried to lift it up.

"Poop? Poop?" he asked.

"Nope, no poop. Sorry buddy," I replied.

"All gone?" he asked.

"Yup. It's all gone." 

I laughed pretty hard.

Yesterday while I was in Relief Society, the cute little young women brought him to me for a diaper change. I found a classroom, ducked inside, and changed his diaper. To my surprise, there was nothing there.

"No poop, huh? Did you just toot?" I asked him.

He pointed at his bum and said, "Toot," with a shrug of his shoulders. 

Ha! So there you have it. If he dealt it, he'll own up to it. But if you dealt it - be prepared because he will call you out on it too. :)  

Speaking of poop, we were babysitting one of P's friends the other day and the friend had a poopy diaper. As I was changing it, Pierscen stood by watching and said something that sounded exactly like, "Oh. My. G**." From that moment on, I noticed him saying something that sounded a lot like the "G" word all the time, and occasionally saying "Gosh." I started paying attention more closely to see if I was saying it a lot or something, but I don't! So I am trying to watch what I say just because coming out of his mouth it doesn't quite sound right. I have also learned that I shouldn't say "shoot" or try and get him to say "fox" quite yet. :) We are learning as we go.

2 comments:

  1. awesome, if it makes you feel better issy said to me the other day "mom you have BIG boobies, I have tiny bobbies"....really the things kids say are nuts and they point out those body function all the time. Just wait till your at the grocery store and he yells it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that just made my day :P
    Taylor struggles with words that have R for the second letter. No matter what the first letter is, it turns into an F sound, and the R may or may not happen. For example, "cry" becomes "fry." Unfortunately, "truck" is one where the R disappears... and he sure does love to point out any and all trucks as we drive.

    ReplyDelete