Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hold That Thought

Seriously, no sooner had I posted that last post about Pierscen just getting started on his walking, that he woke up from his nap and proved me very wrong... He is by NO means limited or preferential to his bedroom. He OWNS this house! :)


Everyone warned us - that as soon as he started walking he would just take off. I knew it was true, but seeing it is a totally different matter. He spent a couple days just getting the feel for it, and yes, mostly in his bedroom. At first the crawling to walking ration was 90/10, then 70/30, then 50/50, and now 8/92... and most of that transition was in about a day. He went from walking here and there to walking/trying to RUN everywhere!

We bought him his first pair of shoes on Wednesday. He has several pairs of hand-me-downs from my sister and I have used them when we go to the park, but I was looking for something that had a bit of a softer sole as he is trying to figure out this walking business. Ryan put them on yesterday while they were out in the backyard and he kept them on all evening. He did really good! Last night as Ryan and I were going to bed Ryan said, "It's hard to decide who is more proud of him. Us or him." I laughed. We certainly are super proud parents, but I think P is crazy proud of himself. You can tell in his grin as he is walking around, or in his little giggle he has. I think he is loving his new freedom.

Last night we had our neighbors over for dinner. Jaylon, our neighbor's son, was crazy cute with Pierscen. P almost couldn't breath he was laughing so hard. That was also another toss up. Who was laughing harder - us, or him?! It was adorable. 


Dodger was getting all wound up over the attention Jaylon was giving P, so he kept barking at him. Jaylon dished it right back. It was a great evening. So glad to have such fun neighbors - on both sides!

1 comment: