Saturday, April 13, 2013

Easter Weekend

 Easter weekend was fantastic. Ryan had that Friday off, as did all of the school kids. Ryan's list for holidays claims that Friday was "Spring Break," but it wasn't. Spring Break happened for the school kids weeks ago. I still don't know what the real reason for this random holiday was, but I am not complaining. It whole weekend was filled with projects and family time. It was awesome! 

I was actually super excited to see Pierscen in his new suit. He actually got it for Christmas, but I knew that it would be a bit too big. Besides, the fantastic purple color made for a perfect spring debut. If I dare say so myself - holy handsome Batman! He looked so stinking cute! Watch out ladies...


I especially love Pierscen's little innocent pose on the right. ;)





Church was fun because the primary president offered to have her husband sit with my sunbeam class during sharing time so that I could go to Sunday school with Ryan. I felt kind of bad about making her hubby miss class, but she insisted that he was usual in primary anyway helping her out. Besides, all of their kids are in primary, so it gave him a chance to be with them. AND... it is really good for the little guy in my class that struggles the most. He respects men far more than women and it is good to have his influence there. 

Ryan and I only made it to part of class because Ryan was chatting with a few people and organizing some things while I let Pierscen get some wiggles out. But for the little bit that we were able to go to class, it was good. I think it will be a nice arrangement.  


I wish I had thought to ask someone to take our family picture. I think we all dressed up nicely for the day. :) So this self portrait is the best we could manage. The sun rays make us look pretty angelic though, don't you think?


I loved getting some pictures of these two handsome men though. They look so good! In the picture above, P had dropped his plastic egg and was saying "Uh oh!" as it rolled away. Priceless. 





I am so lucky to have these two in my life! I sure love them!



I think P could have been a little Easter suit model this year. So cute. 






We were going to do the little Easter egg hunt right after church, but P was super tired. In retrospect, I still think we should have done it then. We waited until he had had his nap, but by then, it was getting a little chilly. We headed to the park to spread them around a bit, but I think this served to be more of a distraction. He was far more interested in the sticks and grass and just cruising around. Oh well. Better luck next year. 



I also think it would have been better just to have empty eggs this year. As it was we only put one candy in each egg. No need to bombard him with candy. He was super excited to open each egg, but then once he found the candy, he just wanted to pop it in his mouth and sit there until he had finished it. It took quite the prodding to get him to move on. As soon as he picked up the next egg I would prompt him to drop it in the bag so he wouldn't shove the candy in his mouth. Notice the nice robin egg drool?



He thinks the eggs are a lot of fun, and we have enjoyed playing with them since, but I think next year will probably be better. 

As mentioned, that whole weekend was awesome. We had great weather and got lots of things done. 


Here is Pierscen getting ready to help dad do some gardening. We haven't planted anything in this pot yet, but P thought it was fun to dig through. Boys will be boys!


We went on a picnic at the park and ate some KFC. I thought that as soon as P saw the playground equipment that he would take off, but he thoroughly enjoyed the food and sat with us on the grass chowing done until his stomach was about to burst. 



I included more of the pictures in the previous post. It was such a gorgeous day and it was so nice to have Ryan with us! Pierscen sure loves his dad!


Back at home Ryan tackled a pretty big project: Popcorn ceilings! Ryan actually tried this out for the first time a few days before Easter weekend. He started with the half bath and moved out to the hallway between P's bedroom and the master bedroom. It's actually surprisingly easy. Just get it wet and let it soak for a few minutes, then it comes right off. But it is VERY messy!


 
We did learn a few things from this. A. Wear a mask. B. Put down plastic sheeting for easier clean up. We didn't do this with the hallway and getting it out of carpet was a pain in the rear. Even though the ceilings need to be patched and painted, it already looks WAY better!


Evidence that "somebody" (cough, cough, Baby P) was having fun...

The big project for the weekend was one of the upstairs bedrooms. This one turned out to be a much bigger project because someone (previous tenants or earlier) painted over the popcorn which made it much, much harder for the water to soak in. 
 

Ryan is amazing though and kept at it. Just looking at these pictures is making my shoulder and neck muscles tense up. :) So grateful Ryan isn't afraid of these tough projects. 





 Looks pretty awesome, right?! He bought a sander extention gadget that you can put on the end of your broom handle so you don't have to stand on a chair and scrap at the ceiling with a little piece of sandpaper. Certainly made things much easier.


However... that being said... I would say goggles would be a good idea. ;)



 While Ryan was working upstairs, I was working my magic trying out some Easter rolls I found on Facebook that I imagine originated on Pinterest somewhere. The idea was super cute and it looked easy enough...


Unfortunately, this little gem has now jointed the throngs of Pinterest Fails. :) Hahahahaha!


Check out those devil fat cat rolls! I could not stop laughing! Thankfully they still tasted good. I do think it's possible to make these things look decent, but I think they need to be smaller, the ears need to be bigger and rounded out, and then pushed back down a bit. Maybe I will try again some other time, but needless to say, these did not get delivered as Home Teaching goodies. :)

The whole weekend was wonderful. The weather was fantastic. We got a lot of stuff done, and best of all, we had a three day weekend to enjoy as a family. I enjoyed trying to teach my little sunbeams about the true meaning of Easter. Easter truly is a wonderful time of ear. All the new life, the warmth, the hope - all symbolic of and reminiscent of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He lives! Remember, even those little Easter eggs (once the candy has been eaten) reminds us of the empty tomb. He lives! And because He lives, we will live again too. I am so grateful for our knowledge of this gospel and the promise of eternal families. The church is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment