Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Time Preview

 A few weeks ago we had an amazing sneak peak of spring weather. It was up in the 60's and it was SO nice! Pierscen and I went to the park four days in a row. I foresee some major park time this summer. :)



The first day we took Dodger. I will not be doing that again. Walks are fine. Playing at the park, not so much. He is whiny and obnoxious. The answer is no. 


Pierscen loved it though! He loves the swings. He doesn't last in them for terribly long, but while he's there, he enjoys it. 





What really amazes me is that since Pierscen isn't walking yet, he has to crawl - or I should say - WANTS to crawl everywhere. That means through the wood chips, across the pokey grass and twigs, and through the gravel. If it were me, I would just sit down and cry until my mom picked me up. But him? Nope. It doesn't even phase him. 


 The next day Melody and Lyric joined us. They were pretty cute. Lyric has been walking for a while and all she wanted to do was walk around. She is not a fan of most of the play ground equipment. Pierscen on the other hand loves going up and down the stairs, sliding down the slides, and eating rocks. :)


That lovely Wyoming wind made it kind of hard to hear my narration at the beginning, but it's not like you are missing out on much. It's pretty self-explanatory. 




The following day, Pierscen and I headed to the park right after breakfast. We had the whole park to ourselves! It was just us and a couple of squirrels who seemed more than a little irritated that we had shown up so early. It was very nice and peaceful.



During this trip, Pierscen had taught himself to go down the slide backwards. He treats it just like the does the stairs. He turns around, extends his leg, and slides on down. 

After about an hour of playing, we packed things up and started for home. I was working my way up the hill to our neighborhood when Ryan called and said he was in the area and really wanted to see Pierscen do his new trick. So we turned around and headed back to the park to meet him.




Pierscen was more than happy to oblige in showing daddy his new skills. It was really cute.


This curvy slide isn't as fun because he goes so much slower - likely due to his shoes. He kind of has to push himself down, but it was still cute to watch him. After several times sliding down, Ryan took off again and we headed home.


The next day was Saturday, so Ryan was able to come with us. I have been wanting to get pictures of Pierscen in the "tube" because every picture I see of kids in these things always seems to turn out cute. However, up to this point I hadn't been able to get him to go through it. I think it kind of freaked him out. But with both of us there, I figured we had a better chance. I started him on one end and Ryan called to him from the other. That seemed to give him the motivation and courage he needed.



He was crazy excited on the return trip. He was smiling and laughing the whole way.




I think this picture is probably my favorite of all time. Drool and all. Goodness I love that boy!


The next week the weather turned bitter and snowy again. At least we know there is hope! Some of the flowers I planted last fall, as well as lot of weeds, have started to pop up. All the gardening stuff is out in full force in the stores. I am so excited! We went to a Home and Gardening show this last weekend and I signed up for a free yard consultation from one of the gardening places. Basically a lady comes out and talks me through some ideas of what I could do with my yard. I definitely need that because it's an awkward shape with not a ton of light and all that. I want it to still feel warm, welcoming, and be a place that we can enjoy... without all the gravel. :)

I think it's going to be a good summer. Busy, but good. Bring on the sun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment