Sunday, January 8, 2012

Who Is This Kid?

From day one, we have been very impressed with Pierscen's neck strength. From the first time I held him, he was doing his best to hold up his own head - and he did a dang good job of it too!

On day six, after changing his diaper, I rolled him over on the couch for some tummy time. I decided it was a great opportunity to take some snap shots of him. Almost instantly he began pulling his knees up underneath himself and slowly inching forward and to the side. I tried to take some pictures of his little feet, but it never worked because he was always moving. Within a few minutes he had wormed his way to the edge of the couch with his left leg hanging off the edge. Off went the camera. I should have grabbed a picture of it, but I was too stunned. There is no such thing as safely leaving a baby on the couch, even at six days old.


This is one of my favorite pictures of him so far.

On day 8 we were taking more tummy time pictures, this time with daddy. He managed to rotate his head from side to side. He continued to pull his knees beneath him and inch himself forward. Slowly, but surely, he worked himself forward half a body length.



On day 11, Ryan was working on tummy time again while I was in the other room when I heard him exclaim, "Good boy!!! You rolled all the way over!!!"

I sat there in stunned silence. Moments later Ryan came back to the bedroom holding Pierscen.

"Are you serious?" I asked. "He really just rolled over?"

"Yeah! He rolled from his tummy to his back!"

"On his own?"

"Completely on his own."

Ryan said he also rolled up on his side several times and then flopped back onto his stomach. Are we ready for this?!


No question about it, we are going to have to keep our eye on this little monkey. I think it's because he knows that Ryan is aching to get out and go fishing, hiking, and camping with the little fellow, so he is just doing his best to get a head start on things. Ready or not, here we go!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! It's that way early? Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you are going to have your hands full with this little guy! It is almost as though he was in the womb for so long and now that he is out he wants to move as much as he can, ha ha! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana! He is such a handsome young lad! ;) I can't believe all of his hair. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete