Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's All Downhill From Here

I have officially made it to the halfway point of this pregnancy! Sweet! I am 20 weeks, and 1 day (by the fact that it is now just after midnight).

I debated and debated whether or not to post week by week pictures, but that seems a little much. I did post them on Facebook, however.

It is about time to post a baby bump picture though - proof indeed that there is something growing in there.

Without further ado: 20 Weeks

Another angle, different outfit. This is moments before heading out the door for...

Another 5K. What a better way to celebrate, right? I figure, I have unintentionally had this 4 week run thing going - so might as well keep it up. Dirty Dash at 12 weeks. 4th of July at 16 weeks. And now Orem's "Run a crook out of town" at 20 weeks. I debated for weeks whether or not I should do it, but last Thursday I decided - why not? It was free after all. So I called up Necia, who is always game for a run, and she joined me. By "joined me" I mean she drove with me. We in no way ran this together. She is way too fast for me. But I am super proud of her. She has been running like crazy and has been getting better and better every run. She is my hero.



This is our sister pre-race face.


And me striking a strange pose.


And this is us post-race. Unfortunately, the lighting doesn't quite show it, but I am as beat red as ever. But for this race I wore it as a badge of honor. I ran the whole thing! I didn't expect much of myself, but since there were no hills in this run, it wasn't as bad as I expected. It was really enjoyable. And I even shaved a few minutes off my run from the 4th. I am still only averaging about an 11 minute mile - but hey - I don't feel too bad about that!



Because I signed up last minute, there was no guarantee of getting a shirt, but thankfully because we showed up early to pick up our race numbers, we were the first in line to get a shirt if there were extras. Lucky us - there were. They also had a drawing at the end for prizes. Necia kept saying that she has never ever won anything from a drawing - but her number got pulled and she won a free meal from a local place. Pretty cool! I stuck around for the rest of the drawing after Necia took off with her family who came to cheer her on. Towards the very end I was nearly asleep when something in the back of my mind said, "Hey! That's your number!" I sat up in time to hear them call it out a second time - this time as a "Going, going, gone" measure. Thankfully I jumped up in time to claim my prize: a 24 LED light. Hehe. Pretty fancy, right? It looks like a remote control of some sort.





As a whole I would say I am doing really well. I still have good energy and the nausea has been much better. Hopefully it stays that way. And I am halfway done! That is pretty exciting to me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Way to go woman! Another 5K! You are amazing and look super cute pregnant. :)

    ReplyDelete