Monday, October 9, 2017

Grandma Arrives - A Day in Paradise

On Sunday, Sept 3rd, Mom/Grandma arrived! One of my friends came to pick up Pierscen for church and then Devry and I headed to the airport. I had never been down to the airport and was slightly nervous about finding it, but it was super easy. 

When we got to church, Devry had passed out. I held her for a moment, but then my mom asked if she could hold her. I passed her over and went to help set up Primary a bit. Devry woke up and when she realized who was holding her, she just cuddled into her and was happy as could be. She sat on her lap for close to an hour before agreeing to go to nursery - if my mom stayed with her. My mom was more than happy with the arrangement. I think they bonded quite a bit while I was in New Jersey and Devry was very happy to see Grandma again. 


Reading with Grandma Sunday night.


Monday was Labor Day, so Pierscen had school off. One reason we had my mom come a tiny bit early was so that we could have at least one full day to do something fun together. From the moment I first walked into the Botanic Gardens here, I planned on taking my mom if she ever got the chance to visit. So that was my one non-negotiable item for Labor Day. 

And she LOVED it! I knew she would. It is a truly magical place. It's like entering another world. And if anyone would appreciate it, it's my mom. I was blown away with how many flowers and plants she could name and she recognized different structures and architecture and taught us amazing things all along the way. I think she knew more about the history there than the actual workers. It was incredible! 

Here are a bunch of pictures from our trip: 






























We had such a great time. The weather was great. It wasn't overcrowded like I thought it might be on a holiday. It was truly a blessing to be able to spend quality time with my mom before baby came. I am so glad she was able to come a day early so that we could do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment