Saturday, March 7, 2015

From The Hospital and Back Again

The rest of Wednesday and 3/4 of Thursday after coming home from the hospital were great. Devry was, and is, an amazing baby. So content. So happy. She is very alert and loves to take in the world around her. Nights were what you might expect - every two hours or so. But it was beyond wonderful to have my mom there to help not only with Pierscen, but with Devry so that I could nap at every possible chance. :)


 My mom had made several freezer meals and brought them frozen on the plane since it is about an hour flight and popped them in our freezer. We still have a couple. Thank you mom! While she was here she cooked and cleaned and organized and entertained. She was amazing. I really don't think I could have done it on my own.



Want to see something cool? Talk about genetics. This little bump on her ear is IDENTICAL to one on Ryan's ear. Awesome, right?!

 
As I mentioned, 3/4s of Thursday was great. But then headache returned. Ryan contacted Dr. B. He said to let him know in the morning if it was still there. When I got up the next day, I went to sit up and thought my head was going to explode! Ryan called Dr. B, who contacted Dr. F, who said to go ahead and take care of me. Devry had her pediatrician appointment that morning, but Dr. B said to come back to the hospital as soon as we were done. 


Devry checked out perfectly. She was a little under 6 lbs, but still within what was normal. I really struggled through that appointment though. I was in so much pain I could barely communicate. The doctor asked me several questions that I kept asking her to repeat because my brain just could not comprehend what she was asking me. It was pretty sad. They were very understanding, but it was rough.  

So back to the hospital we went. I checked into labor and delivery and Dr. B came in. This time they drew even more blood in hopes that it would work better. Talk about pressure! Physical pressure that is. It is not a painless thing. That much blood being put into my back was painful in and of itself just because of the pressure. As soon as they finished I tried to lay down, but it was really hard to do because my back muscles were so tensed up. It took me quite a while to relax. 



But the most important thing was that it worked! Oh blessed relief. I don't remember how long I had to stay. The best chance of it working is to lay flat on your back for three days. Kind of difficult to do in practicality. So we stayed until they said I was good to go, then went home and climbed back into bed. If I didn't already feel useless, I definitely did then! Again, I could not have survived without my mom. 

The rule about keeping up with the Mountain Dew was the same. So. Much. Mountain. Dew. Haha.

My mom took the picture below. Those eyes. It's amazing!


Being banned to bed, at least I got in lots of snuggle time. 



 And visits from curious big hairy brothers (of the canine and human type).










Eskimo kisses. So sweet! (Oh! It is important to note that Friday after work, Ryan took Pierscen fishing since the weather was nice and we wanted them to have some good father son time. He came back wheezing pretty bad. That was the beginning of lots of fun...)


Devry was not, and is not, much of a pacifier girl. She will take it out of desperation and even then she just chews on it angrily while she glares at you. I just love this picture below because it shows how tiny she was. Granted, these pacifiers aren't super small, but they definitely aren't that big either. I love tiny babies!



Saturday was my mom's last day. Her flight left around noon. She snapped these cute pictures below.


I wanted to go see her off at the airport, but my vote was vetoed and I was sent back to bed as to not dislodge the blood patch work. It was really sad to see her go, but I am so grateful she was able to come! 


 We love you Grandma! Thank you for everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment