Tuesday, July 15, 2014

April Recap

April was another great month with more adventures and projects. And lots of fishing. :)

I taught my friend how to make bread and while the kids played. Then we used it for lunch. It was awesome. I may not be the most amazing cook, but nothing beats home made bread! And it's not as complicated as it seems. Okay - some recipes really are a pain, but I love this one because it only takes about an hour from start to finish (including the it rising). It's amazing.

One thing Pierscen loves to do is run back and forth down the hall while I yell, "Yang!" (That's my version of the fast moving sound effect. Haha). Anyway, one night after his bath, this happened:


Let's hope we aren't training the next football game streaker. 

Naturally we had to go fishing again. It was warmer this time, thankfully. We had a great time. 





I couldn't stop laughing at this picture. Oh Pierscen and his tiny little bum crack. He has the hardest time keeping his pants up.


The pictures below were taken in quick succession. I love Pierscen's reaction. He tried to cover the fish up and it jumped. Priceless.





The picture below just shows how clear the water is. If you look closely, you can see 4-5 fish swimming around.


And dinner that night: Lemon pepper trout and asparagus. Yum!


One project I have wanted to do for a while - and one that I promised my in-laws I would have done before they came back - was the front railing. (My in-laws have never mentioned the railing before, but I made the promise to give myself a deadline.)


So, we went and purchased a bunch of balastrades (If that is the right word for them) and went to work. It was actually pretty easy and fast since we did this with our back railing too. We do need to add a few by the stairs, but that section needs some attention first. 


I love how it turned out and now I am not nearly as nervous when Pierscen is outside and hanging on the railing cause he can't fall through any more! Sweet! Simple and quick fix. Go us!


The following are just some random pictures. Don't you just love these two brothers peaking through the fence? Haha. Side note - the neighbors actually have a young boy (probably 7-9ish) that loves to go in the backyard and talk to Pierscen. He will climb up on the fence and they will talk for a long time. It's pretty cute.


Pierscen had his first real pineapple and loved it. I am getting better at homemade pizza too. Good stuff.




What else did we do in April? Oh yeah... fished some more.


I had to take the picture below because Ryan has had a goal of catching an Arctic Grayling for a while. We have spotted lots at the pond, but they have mostly just swam past.


The best way to describe what it looks like in person is like a trout and a beta fish combined. It has a big pretty fin on top and is actually very blue in color. But it tastes like a regular rainbow trout.


The big news for April was Ryan celebrated his birthday! In stead of making a cake, I bought him a box of donut holes. He posed for this picture and then handed them one by one to Pierscen so he could blow them out. It was pretty cute.


A few days later, Ryan's parents came back! Pierscen was so ecstatic to see them.

Pierscen attended his first friend birthday party later that week. (Ryan and his parents were actually going to come, but they were working on projects at the house, so we went without them.) The birthday boy's cat, Jordan, can be very sweet, but she doesn't have a lot of patience. (Not that I blame her.) In this picture she totally had P cornered. I was laughing pretty hard. Luckily Pierscen found it pretty humorous too.



Jackson, the birthday boy, got an awesome train table at the very end. The kids all loved playing with it!


Pierscen had a great time. He went home covered in chocolate and very happy. :)


When we got home - this is what we found. The boys had been working on our stairs! (Or lack there of, I should say. Remember how all that was there was one railroad tie making that first step or two giagantic and awkward?) Well, they fixed it!




Doesn't that look amazing?! We have real stairs! Two real stairs instead of one giant scary one! Take that complaining mail carrier! (I'm just kidding. She never 'complained' per se. Just asked us to move our mailbox so she didn't have to climb the stairs.)

When P and I left for the party, I had been working on digging out the invasive alliums in the front flower bed. When I cam back, this is what we saw:


Check it out! Look how nice that looks! The entire dirt area behind the flower bed was one massive allium mess. 


Ryan's mom also made her famous strawberry cake for Ryan - his favorite cake. (That's the main reason I got him donut holes rather than a cake.)

For Easter Saturday, we took Ry's parents out to our fishing hole (of course - what else would we do?) Pierscen mostly just wanted to run around and Oma and Opa were happy to oblige. And because they did - they actually ran into one of the workers at the fish hatchery near by and got a tour. Lucky!
 

Following the fishing, we headed to the park just down the hill from us where they had a huge Easter egg hunt. I think they originally said that each kid could pick up 6 eggs, but there ended up being so many, that Pierscen got a big sack full (as did everyone else.) I am still amazed by this. I never attended the big Easter Egg hunts back home - but all I ever heard was how insane it was. Like kids and adults running over each other insane. This was so chill and so nice! There are definitely perks to living in a place that doesn't have 1/2 a million people in the same valley. ;)
 


After Pierscen's nap, we did another little hunt at home. Our yard is pretty small, but I still managed to find some good hiding spots. Pierscen is a good little hunter!







The only downside that came from this hunt was that though it only took a few minutes, I forgot that the rolls I had spent forever making were in the oven and they totally burned. Tragedy, I tell you. Tragedy.

Sunday was great. I took P outside to grab a few nice pictures before church started. He is a handsome little guy! Thanks to his Grandma Ray Ray for the suit!







The following morning, Ryan took off to work while I taught a piano lesson. Then we jumped in Oma and Opa's car and hit the road to Utah. That trip is a blog post (or two) in and of itself! More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment