Friday, June 14, 2013

Behold The Snotsucker!!!

 Dear Parents of the World,
   You MUST purchase this contraption! Introducing: NoseFrida - the Snotsucker!


This amazing little device is almost painfully simple, but amazingly effective. My brother told me about it and said that he got one and loves it. The idea is simple - you put the syringe end against the child's nose. You don't shove it up there like the bulb syringes. Just enough that it forms a seal. Then you put the other end in your mouth and suck.


Okay, before you go all squeamish on me, fear not. There is no transfer of boogers from baby to parent. First of all, there is a filter at the end of the syringe to catch all said boogies. Second of all, in the times I have used it, the boogies have never reached the filter. I just rinse it out.

Now, to be fair, the idea is kind of gross. And not just the idea, but the reality is kind of nasty too. Unlike the bulb syringe, you actually see the boogies come out and into the tube. Gross. However - satisfying. You KNOW you are getting stuff out. It is totally non-invasive. I. Love. It.

P doesn't adore it so much - but what child wants anything trying to suck boogies out of their nose? Even if it is for their own good, I don't know any kid that says, "Yes, I will hold still while you try to suction out nasty gunk from my head. That sounds totally relaxing." That being said, P is getting better at it. Today in fact, he was starting to make his piggy noise where he knows there is a booger coming out. I put the NoseFrida up there and sucked really quick and whoosh! Out it came. P actually laughed and jumped back. I think the sensation threw him off, but he also noticed the booger was gone and was quite happy about it. 

So there you have it. If you can stomach the fact that you actually see the boogers come out, this is a product you should have. It's amazing. Go buy one.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, before I even read your blog, I saw a picture and thought this was going to be a joke! I am now intrigued. I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete