Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear Pierscen

Dear Pierscen,
 Today is Mother's Day. My first "official" one. Last year at this time, I knew I was pregnant, but you were still our little secret. Your daddy and I were so excited. It was hard to keep the good news to ourselves! I hadn't felt you move yet - you were so tiny, but I knew there was someone special growing inside. It wasn't long before you were kicking, rolling, punching, and hiccuping. Sometimes the movement made me motion sick and sometimes it really hurt. But other times I would just sit and watch as my belly would move as you circled around your tiny world and smile. Every minute of it - every kick and elbow, every late night tossing and turning, and every second worrying about whether I would be a good mom - was worth it. You are my miracle.

  Thank you for teaching me to forget myself. 

 Thank you for teaching me what it is to love.

 Thank you for teaching me how to pray.

 Thank you for showing me a glimpse into Heaven Father's eyes.






Thank you for choosing to be here.

Thank you for loving me. 

  


 Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be your mom.

 Thank you for giving me the chance to teach you the things my mom taught me.





 Thank you for giving me motivation every day.

 Thank you for keeping me moving, learning, and growing.




Thank you for smiling at me, and laughing with me (and at me) when I need it most.

 Thank you for talking to me, and telling me your stories.




 Thank you for trusting me.

 Thank you for giving me the chance to teach you about Jesus. I know you know Him better than I do, as you were just in His loving arms, so thank you for teaching me about Him.  





 Thank you for being patient with me.

 Thank you for giving me purpose in life.

  



Thank you for teaching me how to think about others.

 Thank you for teaching me how to serve.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to be your mom. Every night I thank my Heavenly Father for entrusting you to me. You are such an amazing child with such a radiant, strong, and amazing spirit. I know I have far more to learn from you than you could ever learn from me. I am not a perfect mom. It's only been 4 months and already I can't count the number of things I am sure I've done "wrong." But one thing I can say I have done right - is love you. I love you more than I will ever be able to find words for. There is nothing you could do to make me stop loving you. I would give my life for you in heartbeat if it was asked of me. Please don't ever doubt that. 
I have been blessed with an amazing mother of my own. She is Super Woman. Not the cartoon of the lady in the funny spandex. That's just made up stuff. The real life Super Woman is Grandma. She is my example, my hero, and my friend. I hope one day I can be those things for you too.
 You are very blessed to have two Grandmas who love and adore you. They are both incredible women. Learn from them, as I do on a daily basis. They love the Lord with all their hearts. They teach and lead by example. They serve selflessly. They are true Daughters of our Heavenly Father. Someday, when you are grown, you will have the chance to marry the girl of your dreams. I hope you choose someone like your Grandmas, because then you know that she will be a wonderful mother too. 

 Thank you for being my boy. Thank you for letting me be your mom. I love you.

 

2 comments: