Monday, April 30, 2012

The Big Number 4

  
Pierscen turned 4 months old this last Friday! It is crazy how fast time goes by. He is such a sweet little thing, and I am beyond lucky to have him - to really call him mine.


Pierscen is honestly such an amazing boy. He is so calm. He is very undemanding. He really only cries when he is tired or hungry. Other than that he is just happy to be alive. He is extremely alert and loves to look around, talk to people, and be talked to. He especially loves silly noises. Such a boy. :) His hair is amazing. Totally out of control. I know I may need to cut it if it gets too close to his eyes, but I could care less about the sweet old people in my ward that may have comments about needing to gel it or tame it. I only that have tuft of hair for one more month. I am going to enjoy it. 


I have about 10 billions pictures of him, almost all from my phone, so trying to pick ones for the blog is a challenge, but I am sure I will work in most of them over the course of time... just cause I can. 


It would probably make more sense to wait to post this until after his pediatrician apt on Wed so I can include stats, but posting it separately just gives me another excuse to include more pictures. :) 


 I believe Pierscen's only "fault" is that he is not a good sleeper. He started to get a little better at night, but that didn't last long. He is still averaging 2-3 hours at night. 2 is typical. Often it's less. 3 is a dream. I never thought I would see the day that I would be begging for just three hours of sleep... He also does not seem to feel the need to take naps for mom. He will take great naps for Grandma. He will take decent naps if I am running errands. But if it's just mom and I try to get him to take a nap - good luck. 20 minutes is about normal. Often less. 30 is a dream. He has no issues whatsoever falling asleep in my arms. But the moment I try to lay him down... game over. He has that crazy baby spider sense. He will be dead to the world, but the moment he is down, or anywhere near the bed - eyes are open and he looks at me as is I am the worlds biggest traitor. I do try to do the whole, put them down while they are groggy but not asleep so that they can learn to fall asleep on their own, but it's not working very well. I will let him cry for periods of time too. It does make him more tired, but he won't fall asleep. Everyone keeps telling me it's a phase, but I just don't know. This onesie he is wearing has turned out to be rather prophetic. 3am really is the party hour. 
 
  
I don't think that was fair of me to start out with a complaint. But it's the only one. Other than sleeping, the boy is a gem.

  

 He loves his bath time. It makes him so happy. Unfortunately he has some eczema, and bathing too often dries his skill out worse, so he only gets a bath a couple of times a week.
 

He is really enjoying blowing bubbles. I don't know so much that he is really trying to, but it is rather the result of cooing with lots of drool in his mouth. He gets very vocal when he is tired, but in a sweet, cute way. He sucks his bottom lip in like the picture above and talks quietly. 


He is teething. My sister informed me of this about two weeks ago. Ryan had mentioned the same even earlier, but I had remained in denial. I had really really hoped that he would be a late teether. Breastfeeding has not been my friend and the thought of teeth amplifying the problem was enough to make me cry. But it is what it is. They don't seem to bother him. He isn't fussy or whiny about it - yet. He just drools a lot of chews on everything.


His hand-eye coordination is getting better. He is enjoying grabbing toys and slowly bringing them in front of his face for better inspection or tasting.
 

He has rolled over a couple of times now, but mostly he just gets stuck on his side. He arches when he gets angry and this is staring to make for a very difficult time changing his diaper or putting him in his car seat when he is tired. He doesn't mind his car seat at all. But when he is tired, he doesn't like being loaded in. But thankfully he usually falls asleep shortly thereafter. 
 

He doesn't have a real preference for which fingers he munches on. Sometimes it's his thumb (slightly more often than the others), sometimes it's multiple fingers, and sometimes it's his whole fist. 
 

Tummy time is going a lot better. The Boppy has helped a ton, but he is getting better without it too. He is learning to use his little arms to push up and he can hold his head up and look around for long periods of time. I always get down on the floor with him and cheer him on or do things to keep him motivated. Dodger views this as prime time to get my attention too. He usually joins P on the Boppy with one of his toys and asks to play. You can see his little tire in the picture above. It has two ropes connected to it on each side for tug-of-war. It usually works pretty well to entertain them both.


He is an amazing little boy. I love the way he lights up when he sees me. He is so good-natured. And so happy! We spend lots of time talking, cooing, laughing, taking walks, watching Bones, and enjoying being together. It has been hard without Ryan, but it would be infinitely harder if he wasn't such a joy. I will be sure to post again soon on his stats and any other tidbits I can think of. 


Kisses!


2 comments:

  1. He is adorable. I need to meet him. You can just tell he is really nice. . . and I am in love with his hair. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute! Love the updates! Tell the old ladies to gel their own hair. Everyone always told me not to worry about Emma, that she'd get hair eventually. So really you can't win with people, not enough hair, too much hair....just let the babies be people...sheeeesh :)

    ReplyDelete