Sunday, November 20, 2011

3...0... And Counting

It's official. As of today, I have 30 days left. That thought it both exciting and terrifying! Bit by bit things are finally coming together. I feel kind of silly always posting baby updates when baby isn't here yet, but ya know - that's kind of my life right now.

We survived our prenatal couple class. It wasn't one of those breathing and birthing technique classes. Just the ones that teach you all about what to expect and that sort of thing. Most of it wasn't new, but it was still good to just talk about it. And listen to other people's questions. Sometimes it's frightening the things that people don't know. Of course as first time parents there are lots of things we don't know ourselves, but then there are some basics... Oh well. At least no one asked how this whole thing happened! Haha

Along with the prenatal classes came my first birthing dreams. The first one was hilarious. At least to me. I dreamed the baby started coming on it's own - feet first - which miraculously didn't hurt. Ryan and I yelled to the techs nearby to go get the doctor. One by one the techs disappeared, but none ever returned. So finally I just gave birth on my own - again, totally painless. (Wouldn't that be nice!) Moments afterwards a doctor came around the corner, but it was one of the heart docs at the hospital that I have seen maybe twice in my life. I looked up at him and said, "What are you doing here?" He looked confused and responded, "The techs said you were having chest pain!" What the heck?! I told Ryan that I refused to pay any doctor bills because none of them ever showed up and I definitely wasn't paying the heart doctor! Next thing I knew I was with my mom and Ryan and asking about the baby. They informed me that baby was fine and that it was time to go home. I thought that was impossible because I just had the baby. They told me I had actually been sedated for the last week. They had tried to stop the nurses, but to no avail. When I woke up and told Ryan about it he laughed and said they must have been hoping that by sedating me I would forget that no one came to help with the baby. Hahaha. Dreams are so weird. Good thing I don't really look into them or I might be worried!

Bit by bit things are coming together. My sister gave us her bassinet which sat on our couch for a while during all the shifting around. Dodger wasted no time taking advantage of this... even though he was sleeping on the side where it couldn't have been comfortable at all.


We went to Lowe's and bought some shelving for the baby room. Ryan had it up right away, and it's great to have a place to put some of the bigger boxes. Dodger also tested the view for us. He didn't like it so much.

We had a great baby shower a few weeks ago with lots of wonderful support from family and friends. It's hard to say whether we are actually ready or not now, but I do feel much more prepared than we did before. My sister is planning on taking apart her crib and bringing it over soon, so that will be great. We have been trying to decide what to do for a dresser and/or changing table for quite a while. We were hoping to get a dresser that is waist high so we could put a changing pad on that and use the dresser for years to come. We found some good deals on KSL, but we were undersold a few times and we were growing really frustrated. Then just this last week, a couple in our ward told Ryan that they had a bunch of baby stuff they didn't need any more and that we were welcome to it... including a changing table. :) What a huge relief! We picked it up yesterday and last night we went to work rearranging furniture. I cleared out my current chest of drawers and transferred most of it into a different one we had and we brought my old one into the baby's room. So in combo with the changing table, he should be set! I will take a picture when things are totally set up. Especially with the cute bedding. :)

But we did get the bassinet all set up in our room! That really makes it feel more real!


Isn't it cute?! While it was on the floor, Dodger pawed and pawed at the little animals on the mobile. He couldn't understand why they wouldn't just come off so he could run away with them. They are just his size after all. I am quite certain that if he could jump up there, he would sleep in that little thing like a little baby himself. Good thing he can't! There might be some jealousy issues...

So things are really coming together. I still don't know what to do about a stroller. I know it's winter, but I want to be able to go walk around the track with him indoors at the rec center and things like that. We do have a car seat, but I don't know whether to just buy a stroller that will fit with it (Graco) or buy one of those combos. I don't mind used at all and there are a ton of awesome deals on KSL, but at the same time - I don't know if it's better to buy something that is new now knowing that we will need to use it for years to come. Parents - what do you think?

And that pesky diaper bag. I thought it would be the easiest thing on our list. Not so much.

Even though we have 30 days left, I guess it's not a bad idea to start packing our hospital bag. But, with my family history, he won't be here for another 37 or so. Oh well. It doesn't hurt them to bake for while. The longer the better! (Although I wouldn't complain if he came a few days early.)

No comments:

Post a Comment