Sunday, February 25, 2018

Halloween and Other Happenings

Six weeks and got the all clear to return to full activity - slowly. Took my first jog and it felt wonderful!



Morning exercise shenanigans with my little lady. 



Love this grumpy gus scowl.


A HUGE accomplishment for mama and baby bear. Getting baby to take a bottle from mom is always the hardest hurdle. But as I am only able to breastfeed for a few months, it is a necessity. It was still a long process to get him to take a bottle willingly, but this first feeding was exciting!


Halloween was a little nuts this year. Pierscen had three hand-me-down costumes that all fit him perfectly this year and would definitely be too small next go around. Lucky for him, he had three different events to attend. So he wore them all!

School Halloween Parade and Trunk or Treat: Fireman


Devry wore the Princess dress I found and I curled her hair for the first time ever and it looked so cute! 


And Darren-oh! How adorable is this?! He's a lobster! Have you ever seen a baby lobster costume? I could not resist!




Some random handsome Darren shots:


Next up was the ward trunk or treat. Princess and Winnie the Pooh!


Ryan suggested I wear waders so I could be a fisherwoman and her catch. So stinking cute!


Now this is bound to be my favorite Halloween moment ever. I was sitting in the car with Darren when Ryan sent me the following picture:



He is legitimately stuck. I could not stop laughing! Okay, this would have been funny regardless, but you guys!!!! It's Winnie the Pooh!!!!


This couldn't have been any more perfect than if we had planned it! Silly ol' bear. Too much honey! Hahahaha!!!

More Darren: 8 weeks!



This year my family's pumpkin carving contest theme was America. Wasn't sure what to do with that. So my entries were the Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria (Get it? Ship x 3? Yeah it was a stretch) and the McDonald's arch and the Coke. Pierscen did his pumpkin face all by himself. 




Lastly, Halloween night: Buzz and Woody! We were eating dinner before going out to trick or treat and it dawned on me that P wore the Woody costume when he was Devry's age. I casually asked if she wanted to be a Princess or Woody and she very excitedly agreed to be Woody. How cute is that?! The Buzz costume is too small now, so that's why it was a now or never sort of thing. They had a good time but got burned out pretty quickly. Hard to believe, but both those kids were very much ready for Halloween to be over. And so were we!


It was a fun end to the month. And you know what's amazing? I didn't eat a single piece of Halloween candy until several months later. True story!

No comments:

Post a Comment