Monday, July 4, 2016

July 2015 Part 2

July part 2. 90% picture dump, mostly of the same couple activities. Should go by pretty quick. ;)

Edness Kimball Wilkins Pond:






More t-ball. I love that his jersey is so big I had to give him a "duck tail."




Alcova Reservoir with Sherril and kids. Pierscen and Heidi had a great time. 













I had to include these pictures below because they made me laugh so hard. I was watching my friend's girl Parker, and she decided to climb on the chair backwards. It did not work out in her favor, so I had to take a picture for her mom. ;)


More pictures of Devry and her amazing post bath hair.


And her quick draw...



This little lady has always been a happy baby, but getting a real laugh has been really hard. She smiles constantly, but when she would start to laugh, it was like she would hold he breath and just sort of clamp down to keep the laugh from escaping. So getting these giggles out of her was pretty awesome. 



More bath hairdo's. 


As a matter of explanation for these next pictures, I was getting really frustrated with Pierscen's breathing issues. Any time he got a little cold, it would go straight to his lungs and we would be in for a week of breathing treatments, humidifiers, and possibly steroids. His doctor basically just shrugged and said she didn't know what to do. I didn't either, but I decided I would at least try out at allergist. If I could find something that was compounding the issue, that would at least give me something to try. 





All we learned was that he has a decent allergy to grass. Okay then. So do most people. And it's not like he outside rolling in the grass and then has a breathing attack. A lot of these attacks happened in the winter too, so... yup. We learned nothing. But at least I tried. And he was a good sport. 



The other big thing in July that happened, which was truly a big deal for me, was that I drove to Colorado Springs all by my self. Well, and the kids. It was my first solo trip anywhere. And it went quite well. The kids were totally champs. I brought several books from the library that has the story on CD so Pierscen could follow along. It was a six hour drive, so nothing too bad. 

The main reason we went was because Nicia's daughter was being baptized and I wanted to surprise her. We stayed with Jodi and the kids got to play with their cousins, which is perfect. 








The baptism went really well and we definitely surprised Nicia. She burst into tears when we walked into the chapel. That was pretty cool. :) Afterward while I was loading the kids into the car, a little old man hit my car while pulling into the slot next to me. That stunk. The damage was pretty minimal, but still. Boo.


We followed Nicia over to her house and enjoyed a luncheon and took some fun pictures. 




Later that day, Ryan (my brother-in-law) and I took the kids to Garden of the Gods to pan for gem stones. That was actually a ton of fun! I kind of wished I had paid for my own bucket!










The trip to Colorado was a great success, but as always, it was great to be home too. And my Ry was sure happy to see his kids again. 



The day after we got home, we drove out to Natural Bridge with the Zents for a nice Family Home Evening activity. Of course, Pierscen found a dead... vole? It was not a mouse. I think we decided it was a vole. So gross. So, so gross!




More t-ball. These pictures are actually my favorite. The first one is fairly typical of 3-year-old Pierscen playing t-ball - aka, feet in the air. 


This collage was priceless. Pierscen was playing against his best pal, Jackson. You can see Pierscen waiting with open arms while Jackson runs to first base. There's no team rivalry between these two! Hahaha




Following the game we dropped the kiddos off at a friends so we could go celebrate our 9 year anniversary! Can you believe it? Nine years?! Wowza. We went to Red Lobster for some incredibly yummy food. 





This man is my everything. Nine years has flown by and I have loved every second of it. Ryan is my better half and best friend. He is the greatest husband and father on earth. I am the luckiest girl alive.



This is where it all started: 2003 choir tour in D.C. We spent that whole day together and there was definitely a lot of flirting going on. But I figured once we got back home, he would graduate and move on without me. I've never been so happy to be wrong! :) 


June was our big end of year ballet performance, and he came home early from scout camp to watch little 16-year-old me dance the role of Frost in the Snow Queen. Boy did he win big points for that!





We were lucky enough to have a year of college together before his mission. During my last trip out to Utah, Ryan's mom had a bunch of stuff she was getting rid of from the house and asked us to go through things and claim what we wanted. In the pile I found some of Ryan's science notebooks from that year in college, and all throughout them you can see my little love notes to him. It was actually kind of a priceless find. I love it!



It was a wonderful anniversary and a great month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment