Friday, June 12, 2015

February 2015

 February: Mostly another picture dump. Enjoy.





Devry had her two month check up. She was exhausted, but did well. She weighed in at 10 lbs 2 oz. That was a lot of weight gain for her! That put her at the 33rd percentile, which I am just going to say now will likely be the highest we see that number for a while. :)



Thankfully, she was a much happier baby once we got her home. Shots are no fun. 



 We don't do a lot to celebrate Valentine's day around here, but we went out to eat at Parkway Plaza (attached to a hotel) a few days before Valentines. Apparently it's a well kept secret of the senior citizen age group. Pierscen became an instant celebrity. It was hilarious. One lady gave him a hug just because he was cute. The waitress gave him free chocolate milk. And one grandpa gave him a dollar bill on his way out (which I would have loved to have kept, but we put it toward the tip.) I think we will need to frequent this place more often. Haha.

While we were waiting for food, P decided that the Half 'n' Half was simply too good to resist. Yes, we are awesome parents and just let him chug them like little shots. Gross.


What was not gross? My breakfast. I never thought I would eat a steak for breakfast, but that huge plate of food was $9. Yes, we will be frequenting this place more often. 


 The Sunday before Valentine's was Devry's first real day of church. She pretty much slept the entire time which was good for me, but sad because she looked dang cute. Girls are fun.



 During this photo shoot was a prime example of P wanting attention. "Take a picture of my cup and ball, mom!" "Um...okay." Haha



I decided to get crafty and replace the curtains in our kitchen. Do you know how pricey curtains are? Even little kitchen ones? It would have cost me between $40-50 if I bought them. Instead, one piece of fabric from Hobby Lobby at 40% off cost me less than $10.


Here was a part way through picture: Country apple on top and new birds on bottom.



I also replace the "valance" over the sink. It was a piece of red sheer that was draped across the rod. I really liked how they turned out. Heck, I could make ones for every season and still come out under budget. (Not going to, but you know.)


 Along with going to church, we finally started going for outings again. The first real one we did was a Wednesday fieldtrip to The Train Station. It was this fun building I didn't know existed before. It's run mostly by a few older gentlemen who put together these amazing sets. You can also join a club there and help build scenery and such. It was pretty cool.


Another outing we took was our first big walk. We walked to my OB office to pick up a check (that was nice), then home. After naps, we went to the park, then walked to Little Caesar's, then home again. All in all it was about 16 blocks. Not too shabby. 

The first few pictures were our walk to the OB office. 



 Then nap time. Not only did tummy time put her to sleep almost every time in the first couple of months, but she also decided she liked to sleep face down. Terrifying really. But I would stay by her side and check up on her and she would sleep soundly. So weird.




Then off to the park. This was my first time using the Moby Wrap. It was pretty awesome! The weather doesn't stay nice in February for very long, so it was even more important to get out and let that boy of mine RUN! He definitely seemed to appreciate it.







As I mentioned before, Valentine's isn't a big thing in this house - but here was my effort to make it special. Go me! Haha.





I snapped the picture below just to show the amazing difference between a new textured ceiling and the old popcorn one. Yes, it really was that color. Yummy.



 We pulled out the old keyboard play mat and Devry really seemed to enjoy looking at herself and kicking the notes. Of course, as soon as we brought it out Pierscen wanted to use it. But he was also very happy to show Devry the ropes.

  
He is a wonderful brother and I love catching these little moments. He is going to take good care of her.


We made another trip to Tanya's and I loved these cute little pictures. Especially this first one with Doc. He is totally trying to figure out what this little human thing is!



 The boys were cute and were fighting over who got to sit with her. They finally settled down after we put her between them.


This was one of the funniest moments. Tanya has one of those camera's that has a speaker on it. Jackson knows that it is there, but P didn't. Tanya caught Pierscen doing something he shouldn't and she grabbed the monitor and said, "Pierscen, do not hit anything with that." You should have seen his reaction. I was dying! He was so startled. And confused. Busted! He finally located the camera and said, "I won't! I won't do it ever again." Hahaha. I need one of these things. It was beautiful!


I snapped the pictures below to send to Philip and Chelsey who gave us these cute pjs. Cute jammies for a cute girl. 


 The month ended with my first ever strawberry freezer jam extravaganza. This stuff is amazingly delicious. And easy. I mean, it does take a good portion of the day, but it is easy. And sooooooo worth it. Yum yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment